Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Vacation: Disneyland

Ha! I forgot to blog about Disneyland...how did I forget that one! Ok it was fun, it was a busy day. We thought about doing a couple day trip but we decided to wait until we are done having kids and they are all old enough to enjoy it then we'll knock ourselves dead doing a huge old trip. But until then a day once every couple years will suit us just fine.

So this time we left the baby with my mother, thank you mom for babysitting! The kids were tall enough to go on some of the bigger rides which was really fun. Space Mountain was Bridger and my favorite, but Matterhorn was pretty great too. I am always surprised at how much we love the parade and the fireworks. So magical! Love them. I teared up at the firework show. sigh. Only at Disneyland.

I will always hate Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin - always skip that ride, even without any line...lame lame. They really should just tare that one down. I thought the new Buzz Lightyear ride was super cute. I got the highest score, go me! We didn't do any characters except Mickey and Minnie. I just didn't want to wait 1:30 to see the princesses. Angeli was sad a little bit so we'll have to do that next time. There are always these crazy little girls in their major princess dresses, that you know they just bought that was like at least $80 dollars and they have their hair done at the princesses salon place and they are all trying to not mess up their ensemble when they are riding rides and it sort of perplexes me but to each their own! The Jedi training was fun even though they didn't get picked to get trained - those Jedi had no sense of taste at all! ;)

Benjamin was cute. He didn't really get the whole "you have to get off the ride thing" at first and so he'd start crying every time the ride ended. I don't blame him...after waiting 45 minuets to ride Dumbo and then getting 2 minuets in the air you do feel a bit sad.

Gadget Go Coaster is still a favorite of mine. The line was so short we went a couple times. It is a fun little thrill. It amazes me that they like the haunted mansion...they are usually so sensitive about stuff like that.

The kids loved it and ask all the time when we are going again. I hope it wont be too long. So much fun! We didn't get very many cute pictures...I just wanted to play and not worry much about pictures so sorry these aren't all that worth seeing. Plus I think I have more on another camera but I am to lazy to check so this is what I'm sharing. :) But the kids love looking at them! Hope you enjoy them too...plus the music so nostalgic.



1 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

ooooh....we love love love Disneyland...well maybe just me! Looks like it was a ton of fun :)