Saturday, January 3, 2009

One Month Old

Where is the time going?!?!?! My Benji is one month old tomorrow. It feels like an eternity has passed since his birth but also like it has only been the blink of an eye. He weighs 11.5 lbs, and is 22.5 inches long. He has not gotten any longer, but he has sure packed on the pounds! :) Benjamin is really so grown up. He is so aware of his surroundings, holds his head up like a three month old, is pushing up with his legs, follows objects as they pass him by, starting to smile at us on purpose (my favorite!), and is awake for longer and longer periods of time. The compliment I get most often is that he is handsome. He really dose have a sort of mature grown up vibe to him that I think makes handsome a more fitting compliment then cute. But he is pretty dang cute too! :O)

Stewart starts school on Monday, So sad for me!!!! I think he is happy to be getting a break from the chaos of our toddler run house but also a little sad to see his vacation time end and have to face studying again. The big kids are doing good, although Bridger has been acting up this past week. I hope he grows out of this very naughty phase quickly. I think getting a new brother and entering the terrible threes are pretty hard for a little guy to do all at once. Bless his little heart!!! :) I hope getting into his old routine of preschool, play group, and speech therapy help him be a happier little man.

And me? I am pretty exhausted from my chronic sleep deprivation but I feel like life couldn't be much more blessed! I hope I am this positive after a couple of days on my own with the kids! ;) Here are some cute pictures of my three favorite men (and a part of Angi's arm)! They are wonderful!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I can't believe how big he is! A month old already? Oh my gosh!! He is cute and growing so fast!

Our kids have gotten kind of gotten sick of being home too. I am ready for school and preschool and mommy school to all start back up too!!!! The kids are tired of our house and wanting to get back to their routines too. I hear you on that one! ;-)

Hope you guys had a good Christmas!

Karrasch Clique said...

Emily! Let me tell you how cute your Benji is! He is so sweet. I am bummed that I never took the opportunity to hold him the other night. I guess we will just have to have another game night, or girl's night! I am way depressed that the guys are going back to school, but even more depressed that I have to go back. I am envious of your getting to stay home =D Have a great week! And get ready for our Mama Mia party coming to you soon =D

Anne Marie said...

Beautiful family! Hey, I went private. Can you send me an e-mail so I can invite you...water@byu.edu? Thanks!