Thursday, January 15, 2009

Preschool - Winter Wonderland

I got to do preschool this week and while our temperatures are in the high 60's we talked all about snow, cold, and ice. I really love doing our mommy preschool. I was so torn when I dropped my education major and I remember my mom telling me that I would have many opportunities to be a teacher to my children and that I could even make lessons plans for them if I wanted too. I wondered then if I actually would go through with that. Today it hit me when I was thinking about how geeky I was for taking pictures of my homemade snow that my mother's words had been fulfilled, I wasn't teaching them about history but I was having the little teacher experiences I always wanted. I am so grateful to be able to be in this place in my life. I love teaching and I especially love teaching my kids and their little buddies.

Here is a little show and tell about preschool. We learned all about the letter "W" for winter and white (our color of the week). They were so adorable repeating its sound and drawing in the air with their arms big "W" and little "w". They were thrilled when we practiced writing "w"s; really so proud of themselves. We made Popsicles, we made glittery snowflake fridge magnets, we made winter cupcakes, and even painted with jello and ice (when it dries the jello sparkles and it is really pretty). I would tell all about the other little things we did but that would be a bit excessive...either way I think you can tell I get way into this stuff and absolutely love it. Here are some cute pictures taken of our week at preschool.

Winter cupcake making

Our Popsicles
Homemade snow (ice in a blender) - I was surprised how much they liked it. Especially when we made snow balls with it.

5 comments:

C and D Hayes Family said...

This is so rad! I've been thinking about a mommy preschool, too. Can you email me more about your experiences? Thanks!--deana

CAMI said...

What a fun Idea! I cant wait to do Preschool or Joyschool which was what my mom called it! Love the snow- and cute cupcakes! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! Love the match jammies on the boys!@ you look great are you sure you had a baby a lil over a month ago?

Kirsten said...

Your preschool week looked darling! I love the cute cupcakes!! You always do such a fun job! How fun that both your kids get to do it. Your snow day would have been perfect around here this week! ;-) Have fun in California!

Becca said...

You are so cute Emily!! I love all of your ideas! You amaze me with everything you do!! How was California? I wish we could have been there!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!!! Love you tons Emily!!

~H said...

Wow that all looks so fun! You are creative! lol I would have loved to see a homemade snowman with that! lol next time! :)