Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A SpOoKy Day at PreSchool

I love Bridger's little preschool. It has its down sides like extra work for me. But despite the extra stress to my already stressful life it has been such a good thing for me. It gets me motivated to do the fun things I would never otherwise do for my kids. Today I think I was more excited about their SPOOKY lesson then they were. First, they went on a ghost hunt. This was a last minute activity inspired by the roll of toilet paper Angeli unrolled for me the other day. Its amazing how spooky a little toilet paper and black marker can be! ;) Then they made spooky posters with all sorts of scary stickers. They got to learn all the letters that spell spooky, Bridger of course thought they were all "e". That's his favorite letter these days. That was followed by a spooky science experiment with baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring. I know that's not really spooky but it was spooky to 2 year olds when I told them it was. Hearing their little "oohs" and "aahs" as their cups overflowed with fizzy bubbles was the highlight of my day. Our grand finale was making ghosts with white paint and their cute little feet. Seeing how I make my living taking kids impressions I thought I would get better impressions, it turns out clay is a better medium for me. :) The kids favorite was the science experiment and feeling the paint on their feet. However, snack was a big hit too. I guess placing stickers and chasing down ghosts really wears down a little guy's energy stores.

2 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

How cute is that? I am so proud that you are doing preschool for your little ones. I miss staying home for that reason! I love the ghosts =D

Kirsten said...

Your preschool sounded so stinkin cute!! ;-) I did "G" this week for preschool and did a gingerbread theme. I should have collaborated with you sooner and did Ghosts for Halloween!! Everything sounded so cute and how fun all the little activities were. I bet BOTH Bridger and Angeli are loving it! It is a lot of work (especially when preschool is at your/my house!), but it is fun to be involved in their lives. Good job for being so cute and creative!