Every so often I like to write out all the cute stages my kids are in so I don't forget as the months and years pass. So that is what this is. This might only be interesting for me and the grandparents. Sorry!
Bridger- Our little man is growing up. Today he is 33 months old. Getting pretty close to three! He is a chatter box these days. I can hardly keep up with all his thoughts. If you have talked to us on the phone in the past few weeks chances are you got to talk to Bridger too. He loves talking on the phone. Stewart's med buddies say he talks like Elmo. Elmo is cute so I guess that is a good thing right? He and Angeli have started to really play together. It is a stage I have been looking forward to since I was pregnant with Angi. Its so nice to stop what I am doing and realize my kids are both giggling together in their room playing some game they made up. Bridger has graduated to not having to ride in the cart when we go to the store. Somedays he stays right by my side and other days I am threatening him left and right that he'll have to get in the cart if he runs away again. He is doing really well in preschool. He loves it. He loves to count things but can only count to 2. So he'll count all the cars in the parking lot but it's like this: "1, 2. 1, 2. 1,2. A 1!" Its cute. I think he is getting closer and closer to potty training. He still is a little afraid of the potty chair but he is beginning to realize that going potty is a private thing. I think as soon as he decides he's up for trying out his potty chair we'll be in business. We're crossing our fingers! He is getting excited for little Benjy. When we set up the baby stuff next month I think he'll be very excited to help. When I tell him something is for the baby he holds it up to my tummy and says, "Here you go baby." He is starting to really love music too. Every time he hears music he has to inform me that he can hear it and then he tries to sing along. My favorite is when Angeli and Bridger try to sing along with Ariel. It's the most off key singing you ever heard but darling all the same. He is sort of obsessed with princesses and "Man Man" as he calls any super hero. When he thinks either I or Angeli look pretty he tells us we are princesses. How cute is that!?!? I tell Stew not to worry about the princess obsession because all it means is that he is just into pretty girls. ;) As always he is our energetic, happy, and sweet little guy. The other day I was sick and throwing up. Stew was gone and Angeli was sleeping. Bridger came into the bathroom and took care of me. He asked me if I was okay. When I told him I was sick he hugged me. Then he took me by the hand and led me to the couch, brought me his teddy bear, his two favorite blankets, and cuddled up to me. What a sweet boy! Of course he then started to climb all over me and started jumping off the couch giggling and having a ball. He really can only be mellow for about 10 minutes at a time. :O)
Angeli- Is looking more and more like Bridger's twin then his little sister. She is now 20 months old. Four more months and she'll be two! She is keeping up with her brother so well. She copies most of what he dose - for better or for worse. :) Bridger loves milk, Angi not so much, but if he asks for it she will too. I try and tell her that I know she really would rather have juice but she insists that if Bridger is having milk she better have it to. She'll then just carry it around and eventually offers it to Bridger. Funny little thing! She is turning into such a little helper and nurturer. I will ask Bridger to get a new diaper but she always beats him to it. When anyone drops something she gets it for them without us even asking. And if I ever get her a snack or a teddy bear or whatever she insists that Bridger gets one too. At church her favorite activity is pointing out all the babies she sees. She'll scream at the top of her lungs, "BABY!" right in the middle of sacrament when she spots a new baby. And if she can get close enough to a baby she tries to take care of them. Last Sunday my friend and I were busy talking and didn't realize Angi had access to her new baby. We looked down and she had given the baby her pacifier, her blanky, and then was offering her some of her sippy cup. So motherly! Angeli is always polite. Says her "please' and "thanks yous" most the time without being asked and always with a huge smile on her face. However, she is getting pretty darn feisty. She is very even tempered and easygoing but when she hits her limit she really lets you know. She throws some pretty dramatic fits now and then. My house at 4pm is not the most calming atmosphere! She is obsessed with shoes and likes looking through her clothes and admiring them. When she wakes up in the morning and I try to get her up to breakfast she must take with her the essentials: both her baby dolls, her teddy bear, her sippy, her blanky, and of course a pair of shoes. It seems whenever we go out no matter how straggly she looks people stop us to tell me how beautiful she is. Angeli really is a pretty little girl. I always get a laugh out of her crusty looks she gives strangers when they start invading her personal space. She waves "hi" to everyone we pass but if they do more then wave back she gets a bit uneasy. I really like that attribute in my pretty little girl, I cant help being a little protective of her. :) Angeli is such a sweet joy to have in our family. We adore her.
Benjamin- He is growing too! Benjy is now 32 weeks along. According to my pregnancy book he should be 15 inches long and 3 pounds. He is a strong little guy. I feel a lot of muscle behind those kicks and squirms. As I type he is having a good workout trying to dislodge my ribs...he just might succeed. :) We are all excited for his coming debut.
Here is a very shaky video of the kids. After watching this I realized there are no calm moments in our house. But you can really see their personalities come out in this. Angeli is not as into performing as Bridger but she loves copying everything her big brother dose. And Bridger....its pretty obvious he is a Hyper Happy Boy. Just imagine the chaos we'll have come December!
* you'll want to stop the music if your going to watch the video.
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
What adorable kiddos. And great descriptions of what they're up to. I'm so glad you've made it to 32 weeks. You go girl!
Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast!!! What a great video...it's funny...you can tell so much about kids and about different sexes when you watch your video. Girls are a little more emotional than boys, younger siblings love to do anything their older siblings do, boys have more energy than girls, toddlers love animals noises and your kids adore you, etc. It was really fun watching your video and seeing so much about your cute kids and their personalities!!! Soon you'll have another one join the bunch!! You're almost there!
It's fun that you have named Benjamin, and call him that cuz I feel like he is already a person in your family!! Does that make sense at all?
Post a Comment