Wednesday, October 29, 2008

KEYS!!!

During the Millennium there will be no keys or locks, there will be nothing to inhibit entry. Why, you may ask. It is because I think the only person who has ever been kept out of my car and home by locks is Me!!! Today we had a stressful morning trying to get out the door with all the normal things I deal with on a daily basis: cleaning up the powered hot chocolate Bridger poured all over the kitchen (yesterday it was an entire bottle of baby lotion), rushing to get myself and my children dressed, fed, and packed up. I thought we were doing really well. We'd actually make it in time to Angeli's doctors appointment despite the chaos that is my life. But no. I realized we were locked out of the van! I was so mad. This happens to me (or by me as my husband would correct) so often. I really need those hidden key things on the outside of my house and the outside of my car, but yeah, I don't have those. So today Angeli missed her doctors appointment, I will not get any of my errands done, I had to reschedule all my visiting teaching, and now I have to have the primary meeting at my house which means I have to clean. UGH!!! Well, I better stop complaining, my children are on a post trunk-or-treat sugar high and I am sure disaster will soon ensue if I don't attend to their screaming. Wish me luck until the Millennium!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh sister dear...I feel your pain!! The firetruck had to rescue me twice (hurray, none this year.yet.!!) from being locked out of our car with the kids inside it. It truly stinks (not to mention humiliating!). I now have to have keys outside the house, outside the car, and roll the van windows down if the car is on and I have to run back in for anything so the kids don't get locked in, etc. They never tell you this kind of stuff when you are going to be a wife/mom!! It is so frustrating!! We need to write a handbook for newlyweds like Chelsea to save them from the misery!! Good luck getting all your stuff done! Can't wait to see you!! Luv you!

Karrasch Clique said...

LOL! I am the same way! However, since I married Chris, he has been the one with more bad luck than me. I once locked my keys in my car while it was running...no good! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Anne Marie said...

So sorry!!! It's so hard to keep track of keys when you're going in and out of the house and car, as a mom. Seriously...kids distract you the whole time. There was one time I locked both my twins in the van (when they were about 6 months old), and they screamed the entire 40 minutes we were waiting for help. Luckily, it wasn't hot outside, or I would have broken a window.

Emily Rasmussen said...

This stuff happens to me on a weekly basis. Last week Angeli locked Bridger and I out of the house. The worse part was that it was one minute before my appointment for me business showed. I was so embarrassed. Luckily Angeli couldn't care less that she was stuck inside...she just sat and watched a movie until Stew showed with the spare keys.