Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bridger's First Non-Surgery Surgery

I am sorry I have been writing so much and have had no pictures to cutiefy things up lately. I totally forgot my camera this morning and I am so sad I did because Bridger in his little surgical gown was one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

My BaBa, as we affectionately call him, had two little cavities due to a babyhood of never having his teeth brushed regularly (I totally take responsibility for that). When it comes to 2 year olds the only way to get cavities taken care of is under general anesthesia. So this morning at 5:30 am Bridger and I drove down to the surgical center and he had his first, and hopefully last, non-surgery surgery. He was super sweet about the whole thing. When the nurse took him from me and he started to cry his groggy cry (they gave him some sedatives before they took him from me) I almost cried too. Then I almost threw up... what happens when you get a pregnant women up too early in the morning and don't feed her enough. :) He did great and when I was able to come get him he was so very sweet in an overly medicated toddler sort of way.

It was nice in some ways to be reminded how much I truly adore, love, care, and worry for my little guy. He was so helpless and needing so much reassurance. I realized that no matter what he will always be my baby. I will always want to be able to hold him and make his oweeies all better. As I prayed for him during his surgery I felt the Spirit so strongly. It was as if it whispered to my heart that what I felt was like the love our Savior and Heavenly Father have for us. It was a really tender moment for me. I am so grateful for my babies and their health. Nothing brings me greater joy then all my family and knowing that someday we will be together with our Heavenly Parents again. There's no sweeter joy.

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie said...

I have only had one of my kids undergo surgery, and I prayed my heart out the whole time. It is so hard to send them off with someone else. It totally broke my heart. Your poor little guy. I'm sure you're glad it's over now. I think my little guys might be in for a similar experience soon:(

Becca said...

Oh I'm glad everything went good. I have to take Brayden in to get a cavity filled tomarrow...lucky that it's just done in the office. We miss you guys!! I hope that everything continues to go good!! You guys are awesome! Love ya!!

Kirsten said...

I am glad that Bridger is doing well and that everything went great! It is hard to watch our children go through some of this stuff isn't it? It's not easy to see them in pain. I am glad he is feeling better now. It was fun to talk on the phone the other day! We need to do it more often!! ;-) Luv ya lots!

kami said...

you just inspired me to be really good at brushing max's teeth :) i can't even imagine the day when i'll have to see max get hurt/need medicine, etc...i'm sure it's a tender experience as a mom. you're great!