Today was the kick off for Bridger's preschool. Angeli comes too, but she sort of just wonders around and does her own thing so it is mainly a Bridger and his buddies school. It went really well. It was so cute to watch him and his two little friends review the rules. Bring a smile - all the little boys smile, listen to teacher - all of them point to their ears....it was cute. I am excited for them all. By the end of class (in which I hardly did anything even) I was certain that doing this school is going to make my pregnancy go pretty fast and probably send me into labor early. :) It's a busy two hours!!! We are going to have some activity almost everyday of the week between play group, speech therapy groups, preschool, and so on. I am so grateful my friends were willing to do this little preschool too. It is no small commitment to prepare lesson to teach these little guys. I hope they learn and become even better buddies with all their exploring together.
This past week Bridger has really been growing up. He has started to talk in complete sentences! Such wonderful progress! He has started to color in coloring books.... he actually tries to colors certain objects - usually their faces, eyes are his favorite. He also tries to color certain things on his own and he even tries to write his name. His imitation of writing is really cute. And though he has always, and will probably always, prefer gross motor play he has started to really love imagination play. We have been having dinosaur battles every day this week. He loves when the jumping dinosaur gets his toes. I decided that each dinosaur has it's own fighting style. :) I will hear him in his room talking to his little toys imagining all sorts of exciting things. It usually is something like this, "bomb, bomb, jump, ahhhhh. oowwie. jump. jump. zooooom." I think they are some sort of action sequences. Such a boy!
I think he is starting to understand that mommy is going to have another baby now that my tummy is getting very big. He'll point to my tummy and tell me exactly what is going to happen with very animated motions, "get bigger, bigger, bigger, boom! Baby all out." Then he pretends he is rocking a baby in his arms and says, "mmmmm, baby." When I first started to try and tell him I was having a baby he was really worried mommy was going to get hurt when the baby had to come out. But with lots of reassurance he has decided that the "boom" part, as he calls it, wont hurt mommy. We'll, let him think that. :)
So, yay for my Bridger and all his exciting achievements and his new little preschool. The next two weeks I will teach them all about bugs. So great! :) They'll get to dig through slim to find bugs, build a little bug habitat and find a buggie to put in it, build their own spider webs and catch flies with them, finger paint bugs, make Bee puppets, make worms out of old socks, and have a sponge bug water fight. So much fun!!!
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
All the activities sound so fun Emily!! I wish I were going to preschool with them!!:-)
BTW, here are a few of my fav. websites that I was telling you about:
familyfun.com
http://www.everythingpreschool.com/themes
http://preschoolexpress.com/alphabet_station.shtml
http://www.dltk-holidays.com/
I use the everythingpreschool one the most I think.
And here is my favorite "cake" website just for fun...it has every cake you can think of on there!
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/
Love you! Can't wait to see all the bug pictures!
Bridger is growning up!!! It's hard to believe that he's in preschool and that he's talking so much!! How fun!! He's such a cute guy!!
Bridger we love you and are sooooo proud of you!! Good job buddie!!
Love,
Uncle LeGrand and Aunt Becca
Post a Comment