
Every time I turn on the radio and the TV I feel a little like a character in Chicken Little. But is the Sky really falling in our less chickeny version of the story? With the financial mess, the natural disasters, the on going wars, and the looming elections upon us it feels like America, and most of the world as well, is at a major cross roads. I keep thinking how grateful I am that Conference is just around the corner. I am searching for some perspective. I am only 23. I have not been concerned with the grown up world for very long so its hard to know if this really is a big deal in the long term or not. I called my mom to ask if this really was as bad as the media says it is, she dose have almost 45 years on me. I was hoping she'd say something like, "don't worry. This is just like back in blank when blank happened and it will be washed over in a year or two". But she basically told me it was bad and this was all worth being really concerned about. We both agreed that the unthinkable may certainly happen, America may fail us. We could be headed for America's "great and mighty" fall, but most importantly the Gospel of Jesus Christ never will fail. There is no place for fear. I am ever hopeful that this will somehow be one of our finest hours and not our most bleak.
My mother and I were then joking about it being the last days and I expressed that I didn't really want it to be THE END. Honestly, what use is a doctor during the Millennium? :) As long as school loans are forgiven I guess it'd be OK, but how annoying would it be to finally get through med school and then Stewart never get to actually be a doctor! :) I just wish I could read a history book twenty years from now and see where this is all headed. Time will tell.
In the mean time I am excited for conference, Stew and my birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and having our next baby. Life is good even if I have to sweep chunks of the sky off of our driveway now and then. :)
2020 goals
6 years ago
3 comments:
Great point. We have General Conference right around the corner. Thank goodness. It is scary to hear all the news and wonder what is going to happen in the next few years. Unfortunately, I am an anxiety-prone person already, so I feel like I'm going crazy with it all! At this point, I'm just trying to focus on the simple things I do every day and just trust that God's in control of it all.
I'm grateful that General Conference is coming up soon too. I Love it. (I just wish you guys were still here and could go to David and Sheri's.with us. We miss you guys!) Times are crazy!! I'm grateful that we know what we do...It will all be ok in the end...We do just need to have faith!! Love you!!
I completely agree and in thinking about it, it has seemed "ironic" that Genereal Conference has always come around after interesting events. I remember Sept 11 and feeling the worry of everything, and a couple of weeks later, Pres. Hinkley put everyone at ease during conference. Here we are now, in this scary United States situation and awaiting to hear Genereal Conference again. The Lord doesn't leave us to wonder and I am very excited for conference as well. We miss you guys!! Love you!
Post a Comment