
I have officially diagnosed myself as being in the nesting phase. Isn't it a bit early? I am only six months along. Well, early or not it has arrived. I keep trying to plan out my days and get the most important urgent things on the top of my to-do list but I don't want anything to do with them. I just want to get ready for the baby. Forget Super Saturday preparation for this weekend and glazing my stupid ceramics, no, I want to buy a dresser so I can dig out all our old baby clothes. I want to wash them and fold them perfectly and place them in their designated drawer so they are all ready for him. I want to establish his little corner in our house. I want to organize my closets. I want to set up his crib. I want to be let lose to nest until my heart's content. But alas, it is rather soon and with our budgeting I need to spread things out so its a little each month which is no fun at all!!! :(
So I am left trying to talk myself out of most it.... it would all be undone if I did do it now anyways. Bridger and Angeli would need to investigate the new dresser and pull out all the clothes and get them all gross, Angeli would think the tiny diapers and diaper cream were her greatest new toy, and I would end up cramming stuff in the closet all out of order so that I'd just have to redo it all over again. I miss how it was with Bridger. I could nest for the last three months and obsess like I wanted to. I will just have to be patient. Oh, I am so not good at that! :O)
My dream nursery:


I know this isn't the most exciting set but it's weird how my tastes have changed. I just want a slightly masculine, soft, cozy room with billowy curtains, a fluffy carpet, a soft pillowed rocking chair, and warm lighting so my baby can be a cuddly little baby in a very new baby space. Oh, to dream is torture! He'll be in our room for months in a pack'n play...no such space in store of us. :O)
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
Ooh, I love that too. I had the same issue with Kennedy--I wanted her to be the only for awhile and set up a little world for her. Oh, well.
BTW, do you have a good pack-n-play with the bassinett and all? We're fixing to move Kennedy into her crib over the next few weeks and my cute BOY pack-n-play is definately up for loan if you're interested.
I was the same way! So, I just wanted to let you know that we have an extra dresser that we are probably getting rid of. I could help you fix it to make it match whatever you want it to look like...we are good at that! So let me, if you want to save the money and not buy one!
Post a Comment