Sunday, August 31, 2008

I believe in Omega-3

I am not a naturalist.... I do not hit up stores' health supplement isles but this thing is truly great! Omega-3 is an oil found in many fish and some plants/seeds as well ( I know my research is astounding). It helps our brains function better and all sorts of things like breaking down the plaquey fats in our blood stream. Pregnant and nursing moms should take it to help their little ones' brains develop even stronger. In the old days they'd give their kids all sorts of oils including Omega-3 fish oils. Anyways, if you want to read up on it then I recommend you simply Google it -some stuff is really factual and reserved and other stuff swears it heals everything- a bit over the top.

Here is my personal testimonial...Angeli started talking really early on and she was saying her words really well. But then it all sort of stopped. Looking back it was when she stopped taking her DHA, aka omega 3, fortified formula. Months and months went by and her speech continued to be at a stand still. At her 18 month doctors appointment they said if she doesn't get more words soon then we should take to be evaluated at the Early Intervention Services. I was so annoyed. I was not going to have to take both of my kids to speech therapy and I knew deep down that she was just fine. I was complaining to my sister about it and she told me I needed to start giving her the Omega-3 supplements. She said her son did the same thing; he was an early talker but then it totally dropped off until she started giving him the Omega-3 supplements. So I broke our budget and bought a bottle of kids chewy Omega-3 "candies".

They smell like fish but it has worked like a charm!!! She is learning so many words all of the sudden. Her speech is so much clearer. It is like night and day. Studies have shown that it also really helps kids with behavioral problems...well, Bridger really has been so much more behaved. When I took Bridger to his speech group last week his speech therapist was in awe with his speech progress.

So anyways, there. I have born my testimony about Omega-3 and my conscious can be clear that I told people about the wonderful thing I found in my life so that if they are so inspired they can put it to use in their lives too! :O) I know I am such a dork!!!!

P.S. It's supposed to help varicose veins too! who knew?!?!? If only it took care of bad skin, flat hair, and weight gain. :)

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I take omega-3's for myself...to help with depression and ADD. I'm wondering if I need to include it for my kids. What brand do you give your kids? I really should think about it for them too. Thanks for sharing.

Emily Rasmussen said...

I don't know that I would think these are better then anything else out there but what I am using now is Origin brand "Children's Omega-3" My kids like them and I think they are much easier to give my kids then the bubbles of fish oil. Though my sister gives her kids the fish oil "bubbles" and they eat it up and suck all the oil out and love it...I just cant take the smell when I am pregnant. :)

Anne Marie said...

Thank you!!! I got some of the DHA gummies at Target today.

gunnfam said...

Thanks for sharing! We'll give it a try here too!

kami said...

that is so cool...thanks for the info!