Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Woe Is Me!!! :)

I just need to complain. Here is a list of my physical woe's that I have suffered through today. I usually have two or three of these at a time:

- TERRIBLE Varicose VEINS!!!! It is so bad that sitting doesn't even bring me relief. Laying down with my legs elevated is the only thing that makes them stop hurting. And you can imagine how often that happen for me during my day.

-Heart Burn! I have terrible heart burn. Hate it!

- A Very Sharp Hip Pain. It is caused by my wiggly hip bones pinching a nerve. It hurts when I lift things (like my children), sometimes when I walk or attempt to walk- its more of a limp, and when I lay down is when it hurts really really bad. Thus when I lay down to relief my veins my hip kicks in double time! ugh!

- Shin Splints. If you have ever had these before then you know how terrible they can be. I remember the first time I got them in high school I started crying...and I am pretty dang tough.

- Braxton Hicks. I started getting these last week. Whenever I am doing a little heavier activity I get them and these aren't the worst pain ever but they certainly are not comfortable. Plus they make me have to pee. :) Which is annoying to be running to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

- A Sore Knee. I walked a little too intensely the other day and my knee has been really lose and tender ever since. It hurts most all the time. I will be happy when all my tendons start to work again!

Needless to say I am pregnant and not getting through it with the most grace. In this moment I have hip pain, heart burn, and shin splints. But I guess nothing very wonderful ever came free. Now you can all say poor Emily and make feel a little better. ;) LOL

5 comments:

Cassidy said...

I am so there for you girl! Hang in there. Good thing these kiddos are worth it, eh? Talk to your doctor about the heart burn and veins. I had a friend who had a problem with the veins and the doctor had a few suggestions. I'm with you on the heart burn. DAH! I got my doctor to get me a prescription for the heart burn. Tums wasn't cutting it, especially since it was waking me up in the middle of the night.

Anne Marie said...

So sorry! I agree with Cassidy about the heartburn. I took a prescription med called Prevacid during my pregnancy with my twins, and it helped so much. Hang in there!

Becca said...

Oh Emily!!! I feel your pain, ok I guess I just remember all of that very vividly and Kolby was born 8 months ago!!! Hang in there, I know it stinks and is totally miserable, but you are tough and I know you can do this!! It will all be worth it in the end..but I know that doesn't really make you feel better right now. I do just remember feeling miserable and thinking to myself..."Can it get any worse?" wow that was the wronge question to ask, so learn from my mistake and DON'T ask it... After I did, I found out I had gestational diabetes and that funky liver problem that made me more itchy than I ever thought possible....You can do this!! I know you can!! We love you and if it helps anything we are praying for you!!!

Kirsten said...

Ok, I talked with Dr. Rasmussen about this and he has put you on prescribed best rest:
Re: no lifting (with the exception of a remote control), a diet solely of tums (you know for the heartburn)and mild food, little exercising-->except to the kitchen for food, oh and to the bathroom too! (for the vein, hip and shin splints) and suggested an investment of a bed with a tons of stuffed goose pillows to prop your legs up on!!

Wouldn't THAT be nice...if only the maid/baby-sitter/cook was free too....RIGHT!!?? ;-) Just kidding...hang in there...I know it is rough and painful. And it is hard because when you tell your doctor about it they say "Well, I afraid to tell you this but it just gets worse and each pain is more amplified with each child after the first." Uhhhhhh...then you are back where you started again. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy flies by with all these fun holidays, your and Stewart birthdays coming up, etc. You are a trooper and you are always in our prayers..know that...love you!

Beth said...

I always feel like such a complainer when I'm pregnant. Or, I feel like everybody's looking at me like I'm crazy for not loving every minute of my pregnancy misery. I'm sorry, Emily! I hope tomorrow you feel so great and instead of trying to get anything done you just take your kids to a park and lay on a blanket while they play so you can enjoy your few hours of feeling like a normal person, again.
And, I hope you buy the real tums and not the gross store brand. The real tums taste SO much better and you're totally worth the extra 50 cents for the name brand!