This week has been really good. Mom Rasmussen flew up on Wednesday to watch the kids so I could drive over every inch of Reno trying to pitch my product to doggy stores, doctor's offices, baby boutiques, and day cares. We are so grateful she made the sacrifice to help us out. I got more done in three days then I could have gotten done in two months. It really was the miracle I was looking for.
Overall this week has been a mixture of really great highs and some sad lows- a true emotional roller coaster. The few lows were caused by the fact that the kids and Stew were really quite sick for most of the week with a really bad cold, and also because not everyone cared to give me their time of day. This is so hard for me because I invested so much into all that I am doing with my business so when they shut me down I tend to take it personally. But the highs came; spending quality time with mom Ras, knowing my sick babies were in better care then I could probably give, and after hours of 'pounding the pavement' despite how discouraged I might have felt I'd find positive, kind people who were willing to build a relationship with my business. I also have really formulated some new ideas for how to sell my product to people. I am feeling excited and eager to try them out. I am going to try out renting a booth at a fair - preferably a mother's day themed one, start putting ads in the local kid directory -even though it is pretty pricey, and start trying to have boutiques sell gift certificates for me and setting appointments for me that I would do in their stores. These ideas might not work out but it is exciting to think that at lest one of them will open a new avenue for my business to expand in. And last night I actually got a call to set up an appointment!!! So exciting... it's been awhile! So I still have a lot of work ahead of me but I feel excited to get to it and that I really can get it done.
There are two other things that I have loved that I want to ramble on about.
First, forget what that stupid groundhog said....
IT FEELS LIKE SPRING!!!!!!
I went for my run and it was amazing. I didn't have to wear my ear warmer things, or gloves, and I actually got hot. The birds were out singing and gathering twigs for their nests, and a breeze even brought with it the aroma of sun kissed shrubs growing on the hill. It was truly magical for me. Dorky, I know, but very true. I was on cloud nine! It felt so good! So Welcome Spring!!!! Also, while I was running it hit me how symbolic winter and spring are. I am sure I heard this in primary many times but nevertheless it was striking to me. Thinking a long the lines of the "Death" that winter seems to bring to the earth and then the "Resurrection" Spring brings each year it hit me what a full on miracle it is- - - I mean after 2+ months of winterness it really seems the end will never come, like you'll never be warm again. I figured that not only can the transformation of Spring symbolize Christ acts during the Atonement but it can also simply signify what great miracles and changes God can bring in our life no matter how bleak it may all appear. All it takes is a little sunshine or a little faith and BAM! Everything is bursting with life again.
Second, I loved the World Wide Leadership Training broadcast on raising a righteous posterity. The format was so....whats the word....chill? :o) That works I guess. Anyways, it just seemed to really hit home for me. My whole life is exactly what they spoke about; raising my posterity and hopefully to be righteous. It really was so affirming that Stew and I aren't crazy to be doing what we are doing and to know we are not the only ones "simultaneously going to school, getting married and having kids". I loved how it talked about having kids not when you feel you have gotten everything ready but when you prayerfully have decided it is right and then the Lord will make it possible to raise them and care for them. "Like paying your tithing. You don't wait until you have a lot a money to pay it, but rather pay it and then your needs are met." Not to forget the caution they gave too, don't be "reckless" either. Anyways, the whole thing was good for me because this past year has been exactly that. We are going out on so many limbs solely on faith and keep seeing how the Lord is making it all come together for us.
Can you tell I have been on a little Spiritual high lately?!?!?! :o) Anyways, it has been such an emotional and spiritually eye opening week and year for us and though it has been so hard we wouldn't change a thing!
8 comments:
how sweet that mom ras would fly out! I totally love her :)
I love your updates!
Yay Emily! Reading this post just put me in a good mood. Good Luck with all the new business endeavors. I'd be happy to watch your cute kidlets anytime you need to get something done. Also, thanks for the sleep advice. It's been tough so far, but that bottle idea sounds like a winner. I'll let ya know how it goes.
hey em! thanks for the comment :) I'm trying to have faith that I'll eventually end up liking these kids ;) haha, which is weird for me because normally I LOVE kids - these ones are just a bit more challenging. inner-city life does horrible things to kids. when I suggested doing nice things for others, like complimenting their mom when she made a good dinner, my little mongolian said, "my mom left me." I almost cried wow.
anyway, tyler is in his third year, to answer your question :)
I am glad that Mom was able to come and that you had a good weekend. She definately is amazing. Hopefully you get a ton of orders and things continue to go well. How are the kids and Stew feeling by the way? Hopefully it doesn't get you too!! Luv ya!
So um its not spring here- no deff not! Im jelous you can go out side and be comfortable- and that you only have two months of it! Well I do love the analogy of the resurrection! ps good luck with your business!
I'm so happy for you Em! Good luck with everything! I love you! ~Bethany
Never a dull moment at the rasmussen house! I'm glad that Mom Rasmussen was able to lend a hand. I love moms. Funny how we're one too, huh!
I love your updates! I hope everyone is feeling better!! I LOVED the World Wide Leadership Training too, it hit home for me too!! Love Ya!!
Post a Comment