Shaun and Sue (Stewart's Aunt and Uncle on the Ras side) called awhile back to offer us their minivan. What they didn't let us know at the time was that they simply felt the Spirit tell them that we needed it. The hard part was that they still really needed it too. So with faith they gave it to us and shortly after the way opened up for them to get another car. Isn't that Amazing?!?!?!??! I can hardly believe that they would do that for us. Thank you Shaun and Sue, we will never forget your faith and kindness on our behalf (and we are really serious about camping together this summer)!!!! :o)
So this weekend we finally had good enough weather, and health to go get it. We drove up there Saturday. It was a beautiful drive even though I hate driving in the mountains- I get scared that we'll drive off the mountain side or something. :o) We got to hang out with their super fun family. My kids are having major Siera, Skyler, and puppy dog withdrawals now that we are home. We drove back on Sunday and I was so proud of myself for not having an anxiety attack driving through the mountain highway by myself. I swear the older I get the more I hate driving. Anyways, now we are the very grateful and excited owners of a minivan! I had no idea how we'd ever have enough money to get a car to fit our family as it is sure to grow, but now we find ourselves with one of the most gracious gifts of our lives. We are also excited that we will get to give our little truck to my sister who really needs a new car as their second car was stolen awhile back. Isn't it great how the Lord is looking out for all of us and how willing our loved ones are to give and follow the Lord?!?!? So, like I always seem to say, I don't know how we'd make it without all of you looking out for us! And Yeah for me being a MiniVan Mom! I've got to admit I feel a little more grown up driving it around town - like now I am not just a mom but rather a MOM MOM. :o)
2020 goals
6 years ago
8 comments:
Congratulations Emily! Welcome to the much easier world of buckling your kids in a van vs. a car! A very nice luxury, I must say!
A real house, a mini van, man I want to be like you guys when we grow up! I believe we'll have three carseats in our camry and still be in our two bedroom apartment for the next 4 yrs!
Yeah for being a mini-van family!! I know what you mean by feeling more grown-up. It is definately a blessing for a growing family and I am happy that things worked out for everyone. You are a two car family now too!! Lots of big things going on for you guys! We are excited for you! Congrats! HOw is your business going BTW?
Actually we are a three car family right now (wow wow)...that feels really weird. :o) But it wont last too long- - at least I hope. We have no wear to park them all.:o) My business...I guess you can say it is going. :o) It still exists anyway and whether Reno cares about its existence is still a mystery to me. :o)
Yeah!!!! Congrats, I'm so happy for you guys!!! Shaun and Sue are the best!!! They are always helping us out. They totally saved us when Kolby was born!! I don't know what we would do without them. Now we are twinners!! We even have the same van!!! We love you guys!!!
Yay Emily!! You have no idea how jealous I am!! You even have a house! Ohhhh some day. *sigh* I think I'll be in an apartment for another 3 years at least. Maybe I can get a minivan or something earlier. I'll be optimistic and think of you! That's exciting.
Cassidy, don't be!!! We wish we had the less stress of an apartment and stuff. :o) It's much better to have these things when you can actually afford them. :0) Oh, *sigh* we feel the same way....Some Day!
Hey, this is Anne Marie, a friend of your sister Bethany's. I really appreciated your comment on my blog. Feel free to come back and visit anytime. Your two kiddos here are absolutely adorable! Congrats on the minivan.
Post a Comment