Sunday, January 8, 2012

To My Someone Extra

I just wanted to write a little post dedicated to my sister Bethany. I am not sure how I got cool enough to be on her call everyday list but somehow I did and we call each other just about everyday. We talk probably on average 1 to 2 hours a day. It's crazy but true. I am so grateful for that girl. I was just thinking how glad I am that on nights like tonight when my husband is on call and I am feeling lonely and not quite ready to go to bed I can call with not much to say other then the fact that my husband is gone and I am lonely and we can talk and talk. She is my personal counselor - seriously. She is always there for me when I am excited, sad, happy, mundane, whatever I am she is there for me. I think that is it, I never have to wonder if she'll care or have time. She cares. She makes time. And its not like the girl is board...nope she's got 5 kids of her own. And that fact that she cares about me still impresses me. I mean we are 8 1/2 year apart. I was a little girl watching her as a teenager and going off to college. I still geek-out that any and all of my sisters like talking to me and relate to me when they are so much my senior and so much cooler then me but they do! And it really means a lot to me.

When I went off to collage she was the one then too. I was dealing with so many trails and she was there for me like no ones else was. She held my hand through my dating and getting married as such a young little girl. She walked me through being pregnant and having my own baby for the first time. She lived just down the street and Stewart worked and went to school all day...I mean Stewart and I saw each other an average of 40 minuets a day but I was cool because I could walk three houses down and be at her house and help her get dinner, do dishes, and clean up while she put her kids to bed. Then she moved but we never stopped talking just like she lived down the street. I am so grateful for her constant friendship. I am grateful for her counsel. For her example.

I don't love her anymore then anyone else in my family and close friend circle but she is a major part of my life. And you know what the best part is? Its that I will be moving just two hours away from her. I will get to actually be apart of her life. When her babies have a birthday, when she needs someone to watch her kids for a romantic weekend, when her kids get baptized I can be there. I am so excited to be able to be an aunt! I only get that chance here and there and now I will actually get to make a difference in their lives. I have such grand ideas of cousin parties, game nights, holidays, summer trips,....It will be great to be an auntie. :O)

So to Bethany I am so glad you are my sister, my friend, and I am so grateful you answer the phone when I call and and tell me all about how your life is going. I love it. I love you.

1 comments:

Andelin said...

Oh, my Sweet Sister!:-) I love you so much! I feel the same way about you! I love our talks and self discovery sessions! - And I think you are one of the wisest, coolest, awesomest persons on the planet!! -for reals! Age has no bearing here!

I love talking to you! I go through withdrawals when we go too long without talking. I'm sure our children and husbands don't share in quite the same amount of joy as we ;-)...but that's okay, it's a small price to pay!:-)

I love that you are coming out here to live too! I love your children too and can't wait to have real family gatherings! Too bad you won't be a couple houses away this time! Those were the days! :-) It's been too long since we've been near any family! So hurry up -K-?!