Sunday, January 22, 2012

To my Genevieve

Dear Genevieve,

You have grown up so much this year..I can hardly believe it has been a year. Time is going so quickly these days, I wish it would slow down a little so I'd get to keep you as my baby a little bit more. :O)

Sweetheart, you are such a joy. You have been such a gift to our family. Your sweet, confident, mature, fun, and positive spirit has been a wonderful blessing to our family. This past month you have become such an entertainment for us. You love to copy everything we do, especially your mommy's actions. And you are such a fast learner! Right now I have a cold and so you copy my coughing, my blowing my nose, and my laying on my bed. It is so cute! Yesterday I was getting dressed putting on makeup and you copied every action I did...patting your face like I was doing with my powder. Makes me laugh. At church when people raise their hand for a sustaining vote you vote right along with everyone else. You have always been very observant...you study things but the fun thing about your studying is that you are not overly serious about it. You are not one to stress. You are matter a fact about it but still very positive about things. Its like you are just saying to us, "Oh, I should do that too. Look I can do it too!" You do love our praise and our clapping for you. When mommy says, "good job!" you giggle and squeal and clap your hands together for yourself. It make me love praising you all the more.

You like to talk though I can tell you don't really care how accurate you are. When I ask you a question you respond with very cute inflections and such but not making any sense. You are becoming more and more social. You love people...especially kids. You don't necessarily engage with them but rather enjoy their presence and energy.

You love to play games. You love to explore, you love to achieve things. Like when you learned to climb the coffee table you'd climbed up there and stood right in the middle and when we discovered you and your baby triumph your giggled and giggled and held your hands up high, stomped your chubby little legs smiling while we marveled at you.

If you want something then stand back world! you are going for it. We were at an indoor play area at the mall yesterday and you were standing your ground with all the big kids running around. There was a girl who was probably about four who was climbing a plane and you climbed up there and just sort of took over. The little girl was beside herself she didn't know what to make of you. You kept doing that over and over again. It was pretty funny to watch these big kids try to figure out what to do with this little baby who was taking over their play area.

you love phones. You like the way they feel, the way they taste, how you hold them to your ear and pretend to talk in them, the games and sounds they create....you love them. you also like our puppies. You have a funny relationship with them. They really respect you. They love you because you always rain food down on them and they know if they bug you you will pull their fur. And you think they are cute and funny and giggle at them and smile at them and let them out of their crate all the time! :O) They love to steal your pacifiers....you guys have a love hate relationship.

Your latest tricks are: blowing out candles, giving kisses, doing high fives, blowing your nose, pointing your finger, grabbing things off the dinning room table, coloring, talking on the phone, using a spoon, using a cup, climbing out of the bathtub, finding mom's purse wherever it may be and pulling everything out of it, climbing out of all the safety belts in grocery carts (mom hates that one), and making Indian sounds by patting your hand on your mouth, and dancing you have always loved music and dancing to it.

I remember when I was expecting you I had this feeling several times in very spiritual moments that your little spirit was regal, strong, and that you where a natural leader. I sort of saw in my mind a vision of what you would be like when you were older (I know this sounds gaggy but it was actually really a neat experience)...I saw you holding a torch holding it high in the air admits a raging storm behind you and you were holding it confidently and high. Just like the young women motto, "Arise and Shine forth that thy light may be a standard for the nations" D&C115:5. I see you as someone that others will be drawn to, I see you as being very talented, and I see you as a leader who stands for righteousness and virtue. A noble, virtuous, regal leader...you are of a royal birthright.

I love you. I love your smiles, your giggles, your hugs, your coos and jabbering, I love your smell, your wonderment at the world, your ambition, your everything. You are such a gift and a joy. I love you very much little miss GeneV. Watching you grow up is going to be so exciting and marvelous. You are going to change the world. I can feel it.

I love you my little baby doll! I do!

All my love and adoration,
Your Mommy

0 comments: