Friday, January 20, 2012

To my Bridger

Dear Bridger,

It has been such a delight to be your mommy. I have always had this sense that you were my buddy, my close friend and it has been such a fun joy to get to have you as my son. I am thrilled I get to keep you forever. You are sooooo full of life. You are smart and wise. You are genuine and aware of others and all the life that is going on around you. You are so passionate about everything! and you LOVE having FUN and being with people. You love people! Parties are your all time favorite thing ever! The planning, the decorating, the games, the people, the food,.... you love it! You emanate all the goodness in your heart constantly. I can just imagine you on your mission and I know you will be a force to be had. There is no hiding anything with you. If Bridger is happy then we are all aware and you are on a mission to make us just has happy as you...and you are so good at doing just that. And then when you are sad or angry there is no restraint we know as we all get to feel it too. You are quick to apologize, you are quick to forgive, you are so sincere and put your heart into everything you do. You are such a happy boy. All your teachers love you. You are obedient and hardworking and joyful. So joyful. Your approach to life is the same as it always has been...you never learned to walk you learned to run and boy! how you love it all!

You are hard worker. when you set your mind to something watch out, because you are going to do it. I still remember how one day you decided to clean the house for me. You did, you really did. you cleaned your room you cleaned the living room and the dinning room. Just out of nowhere. You just set your mind to it. Everything was done vacuuming and all. I was so impressed.

You are creative. This had got to be one of your strongest traits. You rearrange your room on a weekly basis. You narrate and draw 15 page long books, you invent games, you assemble meals for the entire family, and you dream BIG about all the possibilities.

You are thoughtful. You love expressing your love for others. You make cards for all of us all the time. Just the other day you and I were talking. I couldn't hear you very well so I squatted down to your level and as I listened to you talk I was looking into your. You stopped mid-sentence and said, "Mom, you are so beautiful. Your eyes are sooooooo beautiful." and as you danced off to the next room you added..."its like I can see myself in them." HA! I loved that. I think you meant you saw your reflection in them but it was funny the double meaning in them because you really do have my eyes. It was over a week ago and its still warming my heart. It was so classic Bridger...the most heartfelt sincere impromptu sweetness with a little silly laughing flair to it. I just adore your twist on life!

You hate sitting through your homework....so much so that I have given up trying to do your reading books with you...you will not read for me. This has caused me some worry.... your teacher kept showing me your 100% exams but I didn't believe her....I know she likes you so much I thought she is making it so easy she doesn't really know.... Then this Monday I sat you down and said I would read the books to you and you only had to say the words in the stories that were from your spelling list. and then out of nowhere you read the book to me. The entire thing! I asked you where you'd learned to read and you said, "I learn a lot at school." said with a very sneaky smile on your face. You got lots of teasing for that one! Then the next day I ask you to read it oh, the tantrum you threw...it was too hard and you "never." will read it. You are so smart but hate focusing on anything other then what is most interesting to you...We have lots of entertaining homework nights ahead of us! ;)

I think if there was a theme song for you it'd be the sunbeam song...you are like star shinning brightly, shinning for the whole world to see..... you shine Bridger and with so much heart you would shine for the whole world to see.

I love you and how happy and vibrant you are. I'm guessing that you were one of my best friends in the preexistence and I think it is such a PaRtY that we get to hang out together our entire lives and on into eternity!

I love you and your giant heart!

With all my love and Smiles,
Your Mommy

0 comments: