This year my kids got or are getting big birthday parties! And Bridger decided he wanted an outer space theme this year and so I took it and ran with it. I had so much fun coming up with ideas and seeing it all come together. I admit it was over the top but it was fun...I decided 6 is the golden birthday party age. (although that is only as high as I have ever gotten! So who knows maybe eight is the best year.) They are old enough to play more involved games and other fun stuff but still young enough to delight in the cheesy stuff and the traditional things...like when I announced present time they all cheered.) Loved it. Everything went perfectly. It took an entire week to pull off doing all my DIY projects (spray painting rocks, cutting out aliens, cake decorating, cake decorating, cake decorating, shopping and shopping, candy making, and banner making,....) but when the party day came everything went off absolutely perfectly. I felt blessed it went so well. Bridger loved it all and the kids that came were all like, "Wow I feel like I am in outer space!" That made me feel good that it was a little magical for them. Enjoy the pictures! :O)
Each kid got to design their own planet. This was cool. They got to put on their own rings, glow in the dark paint, sparkle spray paint, the works.....it was fun. And as a side note it was so warm! We were all sweating out there! I was worried it'd be too cold! Haha! weirdest winter ever!
After the planet making they got their astronaut party bags and went hunting for Aliens and moon rocks that hit our back yard during a recent meter shower! ;O) The winners got candy bars. :O)
The next game was rocket blasting. They got to help build their rockets and then we had a competition to see who could launch them the highest. The top four winners got candy bars. We thought this one was really fun. I recommend this little project to do at home...its fun.
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
The party turned out awesome! You did such a great job and I'm sure he'll remember it forever! This is one party theme I wanted to do so bad for Ethan for his seventh birthday but then his friend turned seven the month before him and did it instead....I was so bummed but we went with the knight theme instead. I hope to have another boy just to do a dinosaur themed party, an airplane theme, and space themed. I'm pathetic!
;-) You thought of everything and did such a good job. The cakes look great too. I'll have to get your fondant recipe from you sometime soon, and tips. Karli is having a rainbow party in May and I want to change up her cake a little from when I did Brynlee's. Luv you tons!
WOW when I grow up I wanna be like you!
Post a Comment