Sunday, January 15, 2012

To my Benjamin



Dear Ben,
You are such a grown up boy! I cant believe you are already 3! I wonder how time has gone so fast. You are going to preschool and learning so many new things. I often feel very lucky that I get to be your mommy. You are so sweet. So sweet. Out of nowhere you come up to me and look me in the eyes and say mommy I want to give you a kiss and you take my face in your small hands and give me a sweet little kiss right on my cheek. It warms my heart. I love when you get really excited; you dance around striking super hero poses and smiling from ear to ear. You are so tough but when your heart breaks you just melt and have to have a good cry.....even if mom is in the middle of shopping at the store we all need to stop what we are doing and hold Mr. Ben until he is ready to move on with the day.

You hardly ever do anything naughty...in fact I cant even think of the last time you did. You are just a good boy. You just don't have any desire to be naughty. If you do do something naughty its probably stealing candy out of the cupboard. You LOVE candy. The quickest way to get you to cry is to tell you that you have to wait until after dinner to eat your candy. And the quickest way to get you to grin is by telling you I bought some candy. (they usually happen in conjunction....but I've been learning to keep candy a secret until the right time.) This past week I told you I bought some candy and you were so excited you exclaimed, "You got me candy?" You got me candy! yipppppppppy!! Bridge, Ang! Mom got CANDY!!!!!!" said as you ran back to the computer to tell them the most fabulous news ever. It makes me laugh. And while you are not naughty, you sure hate chores and working hard. You have a way of getting out of most chores....you sort of whine that you are too tired and slink off to some corner while Angeli and Bridger are working their fingers off. And then we are done and you happen to prance back into the room all cheerful and ready to race around like you have too much energy all stored up inside you. :O) But don't you fret little boy, your daddy and I are on to you and we will train you how to work....just wait and see. :O)

You laugh quickly. You love tickle time and wrestling, you love jumping on the trampoline and are the best at it by far. You are such a cute cuddlier. You love when I pick you up and plop you on my lap and we watch a movie together or talk. I love the way you talk. You have your own little inflections and accent that is just so optimistic and sincere. Just one little conversation with you can turn a bad day into a good one for me. I love when you fall asleep in my arms and I can just look down at my sweet boy and marvel at your goodness and the honor it is you have you as my son. I love how you stumble out of your room in the mornings and your hair is all crazy and I greet you with my classic morning cheer and you stare at me not sure if you are really ready to be standing quite yet. I scoop you up and give you lots of hugs and a kiss and you are like a little rag doll flopping around until you realize you are starving and then commence to eat your weight in food. :O)

I love how sure you are of yourself. You may at times feel shy with strangers but in general you aren't afraid of new things and when I tell you how good you are doing you are so humble. You always respond with some sort of "really? Ok cool!" sort of comment and are just glad its so fun. You are submissive, kind, forgiving, cheerful, grateful, polite, and very sweet.

I think the world of you and am so excited to see what life has in store for you. It's gonna be good!

I love you my angel haired boy!

All my love and tenderness,
Your Mommy

0 comments: