Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Surprise!

The other day we had a big surprise. That "blue bug" I caught turned out to be a little bit more then a bug it was a baby. Yup, Rasmussen number four is in the oven! We are thrilled to be blessed with another sweet spirit to love and add to our crazy little brewed. I feel so lucky and blessed to have another baby. What a gift!?!?! However, it was a big surprise. We aren't really sure how far along I am and I was going to wait until I saw a doctor to share this so publicly but as I am already so sick I am way over the waiting thing. So there you have it, SURPRISE!

If our guesstimates are correct I am barley preggo and this little sweet baby is due at the worst time ever. I know that sounds so evil but honest to goodness it is going to be a really hard year. We'll adjust our plans, everything will work out how it is supposed to and life will be fine but I am having to mourn a little for the loss of the dreams we had made for this next year. Stewart will be doing interviews for residency when I am due, he could very possibly miss our baby's birth - how blah. We will probably be canceling Thailand. I will be sick and having to do the single traveling mother thing all this summer while Stewart does his away rotations. The half marathon I started to train for is postponed indefinitely. I will not be fitting into that supper cute outfit I just bought for my sister's wedding. I will not be able to do Bridger's pre-school and I am not sure how we can pay for him to go to one. My etsy business and my local business will not be thriving while I am as sick and as tired as a dog. They just wont. They will suffer when we really need them to be doing their very best. Money and space are going to get extremely tight and that is very stressful. Not only am I having to say good bye to the happy things I was planning on but I have to except the hard things that pregnancy brings in and of itself: the sickness, the constant need to eat when eating is so painful to do, how my veins are so swollen and ache constantly so even sitting is painful,...

I am grateful, I am just overwhelmed by the unforeseen weight I now have to carry. I hope by expressing the loss of my old dreams and the hardships I am now facing I can better embrace new dreams and new realities.

But I better go eat something or I will be getting to know my toilet really well. For today my hope is that I get through the next few months with some grace, sanity, and joy. It will take some mighty prayer - feel free to add your prayers to the mix. :O)

11 comments:

Kip and Lindsay said...

Congratulations! That IS very exciting, just remember, the greater the trial, the blessings that follow are equal or greater! :0) I hope you feel better.

kami said...

congratulations!! i can imagine how overwhelmed you feel. just a couple of months ago we thought i might be pregnant and i was freaking out. not because a baby isn't a wonderful blessing, but sometimes it is tough to imagine how you'll do it all when life is already crazy (i am not pregnant, ps). you are a great mom and you'll do awesome things this year. hope you feel better!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

congrats! I know everything will work out, hang in there! I really hate being pregnant, but the prize at the end is so worth it. hmmm could this also be why eggs started hating you? Maybe you have hope in that department again!

AdaMandy said...

CONGRATS! I think that's wonderful! Let me know what I can do to help you. Looks like you'll be needed your clothes back. :) I'm sorry you're sick, I can relate. You are such a great mom. I'm so happy for you guys!

Cassidy said...

WOW. CONGRATS. That is great. You know that as miserable as it can be, thankfully you will be blessed, because you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. My belief is that everything will work out. You're in my prayers girl! Hang in there. It really is exciting though!

Kirsten said...

Congratulations Emily and Stewart...I think your babies just love arriving in the winter!! ;-D Hopefully everything will be smooth sailing and you are in our prayers for a healthy pregnancy. Love you!

P.S. Hmmm...I am going to say.....girl on this one, but I am always wrong!

Carpenters said...

Congratulations!!!

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations!!!! Very exciting news for you guys. I am praying that all the details of your life will fall into place to help you in this endeavor. That is one lucky spirit who gets to join you guys.

Karrasch Clique said...

As soon as I saw SURPRISE I knew it had to be baby #4! I am excited for you guys, but I can kinda sympathise with all of your worries about it! If you need anything this summer please let me know! I know that the boys would love to play with your cute kids!!

Congrats!

AmyJane said...

You know, I totally guessed you were pregnant from your last few posts. I really did, but I assumed you also knew and just weren't announcing yet! Otherwise I would have emailed you and suggested a pregnancy test!

I'm happy for you and your family. I can definately see how you would feel overwhelmed and dissappointed about having to shift gears, but you'll get there. You always do. And even though making a baby involves lots of sacrifice (tell me about it!) nothing but blessings can come from it in the end.

Matt and Cristina said...

We are so happy for you guys! You are an awesome mommy--I'm sure everything will work out.