This Father's Day was so.....interesting. :) Oh, our lives have been flipped upside down in so many ways and lets just say we are hanging on by the skin of our teeth.
So, Saturday night I was sitting there thinking about how I wished someone from church would invite us over for dinner for Sunday night because I was afraid we'd be starving to death when I realized that no one would because it was Father's Day. I had forgot all about father's day. Oh, I was so depressed. I love Father's Day. Well, I love any holiday and I love planning it all out and making it special but not this year. I had no food in the house and no will to cook anything either. So my sister who was going to be leaving the next day changed her plans. She stayed. :) She took me to the store and we bought some food to make a fabulous dinner and she cooked the entire meal and saved our Father's Day from starvation.
Oh, and I had planned earlier in the week to buy him some gifts that I knew he really needed but for the life of me I could not remember what they were and with our only one car situation and losing our camera and so on and so forth I thought he'd be happier without me spending money on something I couldn't even remember to buy. So pregnant me killed that one too.
Basically it was rather lame for him. But thankfully I married that most easy going chill guy in the world and he just smiled and told me all he wanted was to cut his wood. So he did. He took all the boys, which is like five boys, to the garage and they made rubber band guns together. They loved it.
Later that night I told Stewart that the real gift for him for Father's Day was my growing him another baby. He said thanks but I am not sure if he really meant it or not! ;)
Stewart, you are my hero. You have made my life so full of happiness by being the greatest husband for me and the perfect father for our children. I love you to pieces and I know the kids do too! I hope next year will go a little bit better. :)
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
My mom thought she saw you at the store Sunday night at like 10pm you crazy lady. Oh and I was thinking that maybe next week I could take your kids for you and let them play with mine. Give you a bit of a break? What do you think?
Post a Comment