As Stewart promised me for Mother's day he took the entire family on our first camping trip. It was really fun. The camp site was super close and yet far enough in the tree line that you had that forest vibe that is so fun. It was pretty darn perfect. We had a little car trauma that made our first hour or so stressful but after that we were able to set up camp and the kids were so excited. Bridger had been asking us multiple times a day when it would be our "camping day". We were excited to finally be Camping!!!!
After setting up camp and eating dinner. We went on a little nature hike and made our way through these old horse paths to the pond. It was so pretty. Then we headed back to camp and did s'mores and sat around the camp fire. We ended up getting some very drunk and friendly neighbors that thought the kids were great. When it was time for bed they kept us up with their way too loud drunk talking (they were talking about shooting Obama, how Russian people are wonderful, Nascar, it was the sort of talk you love hearing late at night ;) But it did give us a few laughs) We got them back in the morning when the kids were up at 6:30 making all sorts of noise.








Stewart kept telling me when we packed that we needed to pack more blankets but I thought we'd have too many...UM, I was wrong. We were freezing! I woke up in the middle of the night shivering and I thought there was a bear outside our tent...it turned out to be the drunk man stumbling around his camp fire but it got me scared enough that I think I got a total of three hours of sleep. Between the cold, the baby screaming some where off, the owls, and so on it was a bit of a long night for me. But I think the kids and Stewart got some descent sleep so thank heaven for that. These are the funny pictures we got with our half frozen camera.
We had breakfast and then cleaned up camp and went for a longer hike. I was freaking out that we might see a bear so I made us cut our hike back some and we ended up finding some more cute little nature trails closer to the camp site that we really enjoyed.


After spending all morning hiking and exploring we had our picnic lunch by the little stream and then headed home.
We had a great time. I hope we have more opportunities to go camping this summer and make it a big family tradition. Also the pond there freezes over in the winter and they open it up for ice skating. I hope we can go this winter. That sounds like such a blast.
2020 goals
6 years ago
5 comments:
So fun! We've been camping there with David before I loved it. I hope we can come soon and go and do the same!:-)
what a fun trip!! you sound like me. we went camping when max was a baby and i hardly slept because i was afraid there were bears (i actually had a dream where i could hear the bear roaring!!). and, we went on a hike but i made us turn back and find something "safer" because i was scared of seeing a bear or cougar or something. hehe.
How fun! I would love to do something like that!!! You guys do the funnest stuff!!!
Catching up on your blog here. It's been toooo long! You are so brave to go camping with three young kids! What a fun memory through. (not so fun about the drunk man...would have totally freaked me out) Congrats on your husband's rotation although very sad that you are going to have to be away from each other a lot. Your beautiful kids have grown so much. Thank you for your testimony that shines through so much of your blog. Sending you wishes for a wonderful weekend.
What a fun camping trip! The Reno/Tahoe area is so beautiful and it sounds like you guys had such a fun time! The pictures turned out really cute too! Benjamin is looking more and more grown up...I can't believe it!
AMmon has this whole week off and we were going to go to Philadelphia but we changed our minds and I think we are going to do some fun things around here, including camping and an amusement park. I can't wait!
I also can't wait to see you guys too! LUv ya!
Post a Comment