
There are weeks when things just keep going wrong. When you are working yourself to the bone and it isn't nearly enough. Those are the times when I am so glad I can kneel in prayer and tell Heavenly Father I am doing my best and confess that I know it isn't in any measure enough. Then plead with him to make it enough some how. As a mom it really feels like you can never give enough no matter how much you are giving. It can be so humbling, so exhausting, and at times feel so futile to even try. But you know how high the stakes are. You know how very important the tasks laid at your feet are so you must at least try.
For me when the morning comes and I go and get my baby out of his crib and his eyes sparkle up at me, and one by one the kids stumble out of their rooms and come to me for their needs to be met I know I wouldn't want any other job.....at bedtime when I am so spent I might trade jobs ;o)... but something about the morning when the hope of all the possibilities that day holds seem bright and clear I can't help but hold my chin up and be grateful for another day to work myself to the bone for my family. For me there is no greater labor, no greater cause. I would not ask for more.
*I read some really great conference talks yesterday and posted links to them on the side on my blog. They are so uplifting and encouraging. If you feel the urge read them. They are worth the time.
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment