Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sitting in the Hospital

I am currently sitting in the hospital bored and excited and waiting. My water is leaking once again, I honestly think it has been leaking for weeks which freaks out my doctor and nurses but luckily I am on antibiotics for my awesome skin so that is happy as it reduces the chances of the baby getting an infection. So yup, we should be having a baby today!!!! December 4th! Yay, for us!

PS I hate IVs! :)

Here is what has happened so far today. We will keep updating this as new things progress.

10:00-Appointment with OB/GYN
10:45-Called Stew to inform him we were going to be having a baby
11:15- Checked into the Hospital
12:00-IV Antibiotics were started
1:50-Broke water (There was still a lot of fluid even though I had been leaking for a while)
2:35-Started Oxytocin to help contractions
SUFFERING THROUGH CONTRACTIONS WITH LITTLE PROGRESSION
6:45-Epidurals are Emilys favorite advancement of all time
7:25-8 centimeters dilated and 100% effaced
8:00-9 centimeters dilated
8:10-feeling pressure with the contractions (not long before push time)
8:20-preparing bed for delivery
8:25-ready to push
8:36-Benjamin Merlin Rasmussen was born. 8 lbs 7 oz 21 1/2 in long
8:50- Stewart gave him his first shot

Keep posted for new updates

10 comments:

Megan said...

Hurray!!! Hurray!!! Good luck! I love giving birth. Its so amazing! Its the years following birth that I don't know what to do with. :-) OH I love you!!!

Karrasch Clique said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Debbie Brough said...

congrats and best of luck! :)

AdaMandy said...

Congrats! Let me know if you need anything. Good luck, that's so exciting!

Becca said...

Yeahhhh!!!! You guys are in our prayers!! We are excited to get a phone call!! Good luck!!!! We love you guys!! Yeah for Dec 4th!!! I wish we were closer so we could take Bridger and Angeli! We love you!!

Cassidy said...

YES!!! Oh I hope things are okay! Yay for babies! I can't wait to see pics. I agree. . . epidurals are the ULTIMATE!

Meridee said...

Yeah!!!!! Pictures, please. Good work! I can't believe he is 8 lbs. You looked so tiny. Way to go.

Becca said...

Good job you guys!!! We are sooo happy that Benjamin is here and everything is good!! I can't wait to see pictures!! Emily, way to go!!! Congrats you guys!! We love your family of 5...crazy!!!!

gunnfam said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!! I'm so glad that the little guy decided to come early for you. =) Hope the toddlers are giving you a break. (probably not, but we can always hope.)

kami said...

a big congratulations!! he's so cute! best of luck with everything!