
So when I am pregnant I don't really like sweets. I'd rather eat salsa and chips then have a scoop of ice cream. Normally I love sweets and when I am nursing I really really really LOVE them. As soon as my milk came in I felt like a switch went off in my brain and all I could think about was getting my hands on some chocolate. So as any postpartum mother would do I totally indulged myself with some really divine chocolate. However, it was followed by a terrible night with Benjie. No sleep for me or him. Things went back to normal and I hoped it wasn't the chocolate I had eaten. So I indulged myself again and to my dismay I had a terrible night with Benjie. I have thus concluded that I cant eat chocolate while I am nursing! Ugh! What torture! I am seriously in pain when I think of chocolate and how terribly badly I want it. And its the holiday season! Its everywhere taunting me. Truly this is a great tragedy! :(
2020 goals
6 years ago
3 comments:
Oh Emily....Sad, Sad, Sad! Have you tried giving him gas drops? maybe that would help? Nursing won't last forever, but that doesn't really help...I love you and you'll be grateful for the no chocolate when you've already lost everything you want to...maybe it would have been better for me if Kolby couldn't handle chocolate while I was nursing him...
It IS a tragedy! That's exactly how Patrick was--a direct freak out night following each food offence. Only is wasn't just chocolate, it was dairy and tomatoes and onions and bell peppers and...you get the idea. It was rough going.
My mom found even though most of us were sensitive to chocolate, it got much better around the three month mark.
oh that stinks! but luckily they get less sensitive as time goes on. max really never had issues with anything i ate (but one time spicy mexican food did affect him) but now that he's 8 months i never notice anything affecting him. so hang in there...i'd say at about 3 months you could start trying again!!
Post a Comment