We have been having some little earthquakes ROCK the Reno area lately. Lucky for us we live the furthest you can from the epicenter and still be considered part of the Reno area so honestly we have only felt one of them and even then it was more of hearing it; Rattling dishes and the sound of the earth sort of rumbling. I was surprised how much it scared me though. The last time I was in an earthquake it was the Southern California Wittier earthquake in the 90's. That one was a BIG one. It messed our house up quite a bit. It even put me in shock. I didn't talk for like two days, a total Zombie. I wouldn't let my mom out of sight! So this last week when this little one sounded in our house I immediately knew what it was - EaRThQUakE!
I had a dream the other day that there was a huge flood and we had to evacuate our house. We couldn't find anything. All our flashlights were dead, and we had no idea what we should grab - total chaos! So this week for our FHE we had a serious run through of our emergency plan and made a checklist of things we need to add to our 72 hour kits. They keep saying to be prepared for a big one, so hopefully if one hits we'll be prepared to handle it.
When we looked at a map of the recent earthquakes we realized that while we are having some earthquakes here in Reno it still isn't too rare of an event to have earthquakes in the West. :) Check it out! http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm
2020 goals
6 years ago
4 comments:
Man that stuff scares me too! Specially with the prophets telling us to be prepared! We really should do the 72 hour thing too!
oooh. good reminder to be prepared. thanks. oh and apparently liz let something slip from the mtc... do you have something you need to share with the class? :-) so happy for you.
What, there are earthquakes in California?! Add that to my list of reasons I don't want to stay here when we're done with school! =) I'm glad you guys are safe!
Hi Emily, I am actually a friend of Liz's who lived down the street from the Rasmussen's, but I saw your blog from Becca's page, and I just think your family is so cute and I love reading about your cute kids and their adventures, I'm a mom too and there something comforting about hearing other moms' stories, anyway... I just wanted to say hi! :0)
Post a Comment