Friday, April 25, 2008

Our Sweet Boy

My Son is a sweet boy. A hyperactive, jolly, mischievous boy, but ultimately he is very sweet. I think one of my favorite things about Bridger is how much he delights in life; in the little things, in everything. His joyfulness is so contagious and makes our little family full of so much energy and fun. The past couple nights he has been so sweet to his newest teddy bear - which really is a ginger bread man we call Gingy. At one of my events I attended with my business they had a free build your own stuff animal table. Bridger was able to stuff it himself and thus he feels a little more of a connection to this sort of odd stuffed cookie man. Anyways, he has been tucking his little Gingy into bed every night as we put him down and it is the cutest thing ever.

He talks in whispered jabbering as he lays Gingy on his pillow, gives Gingy some of his juice ("ere gooo. Ju"), layers each blanket on him with great care and the most gentility a two year old can render. Then he dose one of the greatest acts of love, he gives Gingy his pacifier. He tries to put it on his mouth but it seems to always fall and after a few tries Bridger is content on Gingy simply having it next to him. Bridger gets up from Gingy very carefully and then starts to make snoring sounds. When Stew and I talk too loud he informs us that we should be talking softer. "no, no, no. zzzzzzzzz"

This whole event makes Bridger beam and you can tell he is a proud little parent of Gingy. Last night it was so cute that I had to take some pictures. I wish I had video so you could hear his whispered jabbering. It is adorable. It something like, "nigh, nigh. sssssssh. juba hbaba. jubab bababa. sssssh. nigh nigh. zzzzzzzzzz" - translation: "nighty night, Shhhhh. jabbering I don't understand. shhhh. nighty night. snoring sounds."

He has started to ham it up for the camera. He is really trying to smile on cue. Funny boy!

Flirting with mom

Here is Daddy tucking Bridger in with all the necessities: Teddy bear, Gingy, his sippy cup, his wa wo (pacifier), and all three blankets.

After we put him down I could hear him talking to his stuffed friends for about a half an hour. I bet he was tucking them in all over again. :)

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Those are such precious pictures of your boy.

Becca said...

Oh that is adorable!! Bridger is so sweet. I can just picture him doing all of that! Thanks for documenting it so I can share experince it too!! You guys are awesome!!

gunnfam said...

So cute. I love that he tells you to be quiet. I love when they start putting the personalities onto their stuffed animals! They really do just mimick what we do! =)

Beth said...

Cute, Em. What a sweet boy!

Debbie Brough said...

Oh, I love little boys! :) I love the part of him tucking in his stuffed animals - it's wonderful to see them being so tender (especially when they've had a wild and crazy day... :) Fun blog design too - such a darling picture of Bridger and Angeli up at the top.