Sunday, April 20, 2008

Who Rules the Roost?

Well, it's the kids. They've got us running around like a bunch of crazies. Having two toddlers is proving to be quite the joy and trial. They are turning into the cutest little friends and it warms our hearts like none other. However, it has also multiplied the trouble they seem to create. Yesterday the kids gave us a run for our money. I had to go to an event for my business and so Stew took care of the kids the bulk of the day and had everything under control. I came home to a clean beautiful house and two sparkling smiling kids. But I must have triggered something because as soon as Stew retreated to the bedroom to study some while I cooked dinner they let loose. Angeli was in the trash can, Bridger was in the cupboards, they both managed to get in my ceramic glaze and spread it all over the laundry room. After an emergency bath to get the lead glaze off them (super scary!) I thought we'd be in the clear, but no. Bridger tackled Angeli to steal the blue marker she was coloring with so I took him to timeout where I have to police him so he actually stays in it. When we emerged from timeout ready to say his sorry we found that Angeli had tried to eat the blue marker. She had actually pulled the ink thing out of the pen and tired to eat it. It was everywhere. So once again we had to take a bath. When I had to call Stew out of the bedroom to witness the latest disaster our adorable children created he could only say, "How do our kids survive with you everyday?" my response was, "How do I survive?" :) Honestly, I don't know how we are all still alive after all the trauma that goes down at our house but at least we always seem to get a good laugh out of it. :O) To live it up and turn our crazy day around a bit (yes, this really is living it up for us) we headed to the video store to rent a movie and McDonald's to get some ice cream. The kids thought we were wonderful and we thought they were wonderful too despite our crazy day.

At least it makes her eyes pop. :)

You can see the battle wound from their marker fight. :)

I wish I had one with her blue teeth, she looked so funny!

He is my favorite little man even if he tackles his sister for her markers.

7 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Two toddlers is definitely the craziest!! At least you have some cute pics that will help you laugh about it in the years to come.

Kirsten said...

Seems like all my instances involve a BLUE marker too! Why can't it be yellow or the peach marker for heaven's sake? :) Toddler's keep us moms (and dads for that matter) hoppin but I honestly don't know what I would do if I weren't chasing kids all day. Life wouldn't be quite as fun!! :) And your's are definately adorable. Bridger is getting so big!

Debbie Brough said...

I can't believe Angeli is old enough already to be getting in to such crazy mischief!! You certainly have you hands full!

Becca said...

I love it!!! Adelyn and Sophie thought it was funny that they made such a big mess. Then of course I had to tell them that we don't really want to do that, they thought it looked fun!!! Even all covered in Blue ink, Bridger and Angeli are Beautiful!!! We love you guys!!

Beth said...

Blue is very flattering on her!

CAMI said...

Im scared- very very scared to have two kids--- aaahhh! One is scary enough! You poor thing- how do you survive? I cant with one mess maker- not to mention she wont sleep- so im doing it all on zero sleep- and shes been cranky too! I luv the pictures- and the blue dose look good with eyes!:)

CAMI said...

ps i luv the new picture at the top!