Stewart and I needed to grow up some more. I think the Lord wanted to test us and give us an opportunity to stretch our faith. We have done this completely on faith and as of yet it still seems a little backwards but we know that, like always, after the trial of our faith great blessings come about.

When we realized we were moving to Reno the first thing I did was see how many Walmarts there were and if their was a river with a running trail. :O) Even more then I depended on Walmart I depended and loved the Provo River. I would run along it almost everyday. It was my sanity, my therapy. I felt so blessed to have it so close by. It was beautiful, calming and just perfect. I thought I would lose that when we moved. But I didn't! We live right next to the Truckee river! I have another river! That might seem so weird to some but to me this has proven to be a huge testament to the Lord's tender mercy in caring about the little things I care about. I run by it almost everyday and I love it. In connection with that I love our quirky little community. Everyone is so nice and friendly. It's pretty in it's very humble way. There is a little park, a its own tiny tiny school, a pool, and lots for the kids and I to explore. Everyday on our run we see ducks, geese, trains, lots of friendly neighbors, wild horses, and we go down this little farm road and get to see cows and more horses. I feel like they have so much to enjoy so close by. The first week we were here I remember feeling like our home in its funny little neighborhood was going to be our sanctuary from the craziness of Med School and having to live in this complicated world. It has become exactly that.

Basically our home is humble, there are things I wish I could change about it everyday, money is tight, its value has dropped tons in the months since we bought it, our neighborhood isn't much more then an upper class trailer park but it is
home. It makes us happy, we always feel safe and we are so grateful for it. I probably would have never thought this would be our life, that hidden in this odd corner of Sparks we would find our sanctuary but I guess Heavenly Father knows better then I. :O) We truly love our home sweet home.
7 comments:
Can anyone tell me how to fix the weird spacing on my posts? It totally bugs me but I have no idea how to fix it. :O) Thanks
Reading this, I was reminded of how much my life has been blessed by Heavenly Father, who really does know best! :) Growing up, my family (of 4 kids) lived in a TINY 3 bedroom duplex through junior high and high school. And even though it was NOT my dream home, and I often wished for something else -- I knew that it was right where our family needed to be, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities of my life that came because we lived there.
Thank you for your great example of such sweet faith!
-- And, I love the last picture of Angeli, she's beautiful!
What a great post. You do such a great job looking for the Lord's hand in your life. That is so great that you have a river nearby to jog next to. You are so fortunate to be in such a ward too. That is such a blessing.
I totally relate to your awe that Heavenly Father cares about the littlest things that can make you happy. I'm so glad to feel that he loves me so personally and cares about what quirky things will brighten my day. I don't get it.
And the Provo River Trail is the BEST ever! I can't believe all the people in my neighborhood who have never even been on it! I run a mile just to get to it. So, on days that I only run 3 miles, I run 1/2 mile down the trail and then it's time to turn around and come home. But it's worth it and the best place to run. I love how calming it is for me. And I'm glad to see you have the Truckee river to keep you company until ya'll move back to Provo (which, you're going to do, right?).
Emily, I'm glad that you guys were able to buy your home!! It looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it sometime soon hopefully!! Your area sounds just perfect for you guys, but I thought I'd tell you there is a River (Hobble Creek) and a river trail by it really close to our house too...we would love to live close to you again!! I know that's not really possible but I can wish can't I!?!? Anyways we love you, You are all in our thoughts and prayers!!
That is very sweet! I'm grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed you with thing to help you to be happy through your med school years!
P.S. The spacing thing: In the settings there is a box you can click to have a hard return or soft return. Fool around with it and you'll be able to figure out what you like best. Good luck!
Post a Comment