Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Grumpy Mom Day


Well I am feeling really grumpy and I cant seem to stop feeling this way so I am going to write on my blog to see if that helps. Stew is staying late tonight which is hard because 7 am to 9 pm is a lot of hours of single parenthood. Every evening just before Stew gets home I feel "Done". My patience is running thin and my kids patience is as well. And then Stew comes home and Bridger runs to him saying "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" and stew picks him up and they start wrestling on the floor as Angeli crawls over to join in. And suddenly everything is happy and bright again. But that wont be happening tonight. I have a million things I want to do but cant seem to get them done with the kids all over the place. Today has really been made of endless dirty diapers, endless feedings as they cant seem to get enough these days, and endless messes as now that both of them are mobile nothing is safe anymore. Angeli lost her last pacifier today so her naps have been too short and Bridger woke up too early from his nap too. So we are all tired, and grumpy. Just now Angeli pooped yet again, and Bridger has just drained out his bath I just put him in because I caught him with his diaper off and playing in his own poop! I guess I wasn't quick enough in getting him a diaper change so he thought he'd take a go at it. And I am trying to be light hearted about the whole thing. Well that is my life today. I think the highlight today will be bed time! :) Well, Bridger is screaming for me I better go. I love you moms out there that know exactly what days like today are like. And to be honest I do feel a little better now that I have this written out. Maybe I'll go for a run or some other activity where the kids are locked in one place. :0)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Emily,
You have a lot on your plate and I know being a mom is draining, but you are doing a great job...really. Chin up and know we are thinking about you and your birthday is this weekend!!!!! Yeah, something to smile about!! Luv ya,
Kirsten

Megan said...

I cracked up at that post. Isn't life horrible? :-) I am terrified for the day when Maggie plays with her poop. Most kids pull a fast one like that. When Dan was a baby, he smeared his poop all over the checkout stand at the grocery store. You are a great mom. I know exactly exactly exactly what you're talking about with everything you said. I hope you feel better now. I'm sure you do. Its kind of exhilirating just to write it down and get it out. I love you!