the mischievous culprit trying to hide the evidence!
tricking him to put on his sweater I am able to revel the evidence against him!
the mischievous culprit trying to hide the evidence!
Posted by Emily Rasmussen at 4:22 PM
Mothers Who Know - My Greatest Aspiration in Life
Upon the Handmaids I will pour out My SpiritI (Elder David A. Bednar) offer two questions for consideration in your personal pondering and prayerful studying:
1. Does the use of various technologies and media invite or impede the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost in your life?
2. Does the time you spend using various technologies and media enlarge or restrict your capacity to live, to love, and to serve in meaningful ways?
9 comments:
Wow, I'm so sorry that happened. That is not the fun kind of surprise. I don't know what to do about the carpet, but bleach might work on the tile. There is also another kind of cleaner sold at Home Depot that is supposedly REALLY good at getting rid of mildew and it might work on Sharpie. Good luck with it. At least your kids are incredibly cute and it is hard to stay mad at something so cute.
Emily,
I am so sorry about that. I have heard that alcohol works. One time Ethan drew on Becca's banister in their house when it was NEW and I almost flipped! I used rubbing alcohol and it came right out, although sometimes it takes the color out of things. I would keep working at it with the Magic Eraser every couple of days too. I know what you mean...don't you feel like you need a dead bolt on every door? ;-)
Oh my! I'm so sorry. Grace "painted" our carpet, but it was with washables. =) Now just imagine what fun pictures are waiting inside of Bridger, give that kid a brush and some paint!
I wish I could say Bridger would grow out of it... but it was just last year that I did a similar thing to my mom's bathroom floor. It was an accident involving a green sharpie on St. Patrick's day. I also wish I could say that I got it off. But I didn't...I did get MOST of it, though. But try rubbing alchohol, hairspray, or fingernail polish remover on your tile and for the carpet... I don't know. Try googling it. I found a lot of ideas on google last year with my little problem. Bless your heart. Kids these days! :-)
I will try all of the above and then report back to you if it works! Thank you a million times for the advise. Em
This is suzie. Hand sanitizer will probably get it off the tile. It works on desks in my classroom. I just write the kids names on the desks with a sharpie and then use hand sanitizer to get it off. Carpet? That's a toughie. Good luck with that. If you try ANYTHING, make sure do a spot test. Yikes. I'm sorry. Go Mom!
OK, my floor looks better then ever! My cabinets still look like a sharpie has attacked them and my carpet hasn't even bee touched yet. But this is what I did on my floor. I started with the lest abrasive and worked my way up. Rubbing alcohol helped but didn't wow me, Nail polish remover wowed me and took a lot more off, but when that last tint seemed to be hanging on I brought out the bleach. I carefully put some on (I think I was making some weird reaction because my floor turned orange at first; I hope I don't some weird cancer some day because of it!) and then as I let it sit I realized it was fading away. So thank you for all of your suggestion! My floor has been saved. :0) Em
PS Bleach ended up taking care of my cabinets and carpet too! Smiles all around! :0)
Post a Comment