Stewart Had Christmas off! That is a miracle as a little first year resident! Lucky for us no one here is really christian (they are mostly Hindu) and no one really has kids so when he requested it off he got it! Awesome! We have pink eye going around so poor Ben wasn't feeling a 100% but it was still great. Christmas Eve was really nice. I did our party buffet we do every year and we invited our good friends the Valentines over. It was great. For dessert we did sugar cookie gingerbread houses. Then we acted out the nativity and sang and stuff. It was lovely. Then Stew and I wrapped....
The kids slept in till 7 which was nice. Santa really spoiled them this year. They kids got a complete Wii system....a Wii, a Wii fit, guitar hero with two guitars, all the numb chucks, wheels, and controllers we need and eleven fun games. We bought it on Craigslist and we got it for a steal of a deal. Plus a bunch of other fun things they wanted. I am excited to try the snow boarding on the Wii fit board thingy. Stewart loves games and he is going to LOVE having the Wii. I am a bit retarded at it but its good because it makes the kids feel good to watch their mom loose all the time too. :O) I bought Stewart a bunch of nature movies and I am so excited to watch them with the kids and Stew. We are total nerds like that.
I think my favorite thing was that we got to go to church. It was such a spiritual service. I loved it! Being with my ward family and singing the Christmas hymns was magical. I kept thinking how neat it was that all over the world people were gathered together at their churches singing praise, gratitude, and love to their Savior on the day we celebrate His birth. It felt so lovely. Then I cooked a turkey, but we didn't eat it. I was just too burnt out to cook a big meal for just us when none of us were really hungry so we are going to have our big turkey dinner later this week when we are craving it. Random, but I was tired of cooking. So that was our great Christmas.
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment