Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving In Burbank

I went back and forth so many times about if I was going to go to my parents for Thanksgiving. I felt bad because I would be leaving Stew all by himself but in the end I needed to go back home and get some hugs and yummy cooking from my mom. So I loaded us up and off we went. The drive was so smooth it felt like nothing at all even with four kids, one a baby, and a new puppy in tow - I was blessed!

It was so trippy to be with so many of my siblings again. We were all acting like kids again with a few more tiffs then I would have preferred but it was like "home". LOL! There were six of us kids there plus our families so we had quite the bunch...weird to think that it was still only half of us. We also had Five generations there to celebrate and that was pretty cool.

It is so beautiful there in California. Man, I wish we could live there. The weather was the best thing ever. And my moms the best medicine for me. She is a lot like Stewart in that way. She is calm and kind and not overly emotional and makes me instantly feel relaxed and good. My dad makes me laugh with his quirks and I marvel at how well his planned "retirement" is going....he is so not retired at all. Working as hard as ever at the age of 83. It was great to see my niece and her beautiful little family and my nephew. They lived with us so much while I was growing up they are like my own siblings. love them like crazy. It was likewise great to meet my sister's almost fiance and start seeing him join the family and see how happy he makes her. And then there is the cousin fun. Oh, life would be pretty awesome if we lived close to lots of cousins. There is just something so magical about the relationship kids have with their cousins. So fun!

And the FOOD, nothing beats my mom's cooking.....well, I do adore my mother-in-laws ham and ham gravy. But the assortment my family throws together when we party is ridiculous! We all like cooking too much and so when we bring all our finest together it is a ton of food. I mean we had 14 different desserts at thanksgiving, out of control I tell you! :O)

It was a good change of scenery for me. I think Stewart was able to enjoy his time to himself reading Eragon, doing his wood cutting, and watching movies instead of doing dishes, picking up toys, and putting the kids down each night like normal.

So that was our thanksgiving in a nutshell.

Getting ready to eat....

12 of my parents 42 grandchildren, plus 1 great grandchild...The silly girls...
Half of the buffet of food...

Friday night the girls went to Aunt Anj's house for a girls slumber party and the boys stayed at grandma's for a boys slumber party, I helped them build a major fort out of packaging paper. They loved it. Picture of girl's slumber party coming soon...

0 comments: