Monday, December 5, 2011

ROAR!

Dinosaurs have taken over our house! :O) Well, just for a day. Benjamin is THREE and to celebrate we threw him a big old Dinosaur Party. Oh, I felt so blessed that everything came together as well as it did. Throwing indoor parties in a tiny house is tricky. But I had special help this year. Mom Ras flew up to celebrate with us and help me out since the Mr. of the house wasn't able to get any time off and we had a ticket we needed to use up before it expired. I didn't realize how much I needed her help until the day of and then I was soooooooo grateful she was there. I felt that the Lord was helping me a lot with this party. I had a week to pull it together and I just felt guided....making the cake I was inspired, how to make the birthday banner, what food to serve, like "oh, how nice that the carrots and chips and ketchup all match the theme",....just a million little things he helped me with. Makes me feel so loved by my Father in Heaven cares enough about my stressing about my son's third birthday party to help me out a bunch. So happy.

I think the party was a great success and I hope Ben felt really special on his big day. This was his first friends birthday party and I think he was a little shy that it was all about him...poor middle child isn't used to that. But I think he could get used to it. :O) I hope he has more opportunities to get spoiled with the spot light. Enjoy the pictures I got of the party.


The kids first came in and used super cute foam dinosaur stickers to make their own dinosaur picture, then we ate lunch, after that they went on a hunt to find the dinosaur eggs that needed help hatching. They followed the dinosaur foot prints to the nest and then each got their own eggs to break open and keep their very own dinosaur.

We had a great turn out. All but one kid I invited was able to come and even two showed up who weren't invited. LOL! The neighbor kids across the street saw we were having a party and invited themselves over. Too funny. I sort of went crazy on Oriental Trading Company website and ordered a ton of inflatable dinosaurs. They turned out to be super fun and the kids have enjoyed playing with them for days. The huge T-REx was their favorite. :O)

2 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

What a great party! You rock! Happy Birthday Ben! Um...and the ONE picture of you...you look fantastic! Are we going to get to see befores and afters :) I am glad things are well for you guys!

Watts Family said...

Cute cake!!You're amazing! I cannot believe that little guy is already 3!