Friday, August 26, 2011

Last days of Summer: Las Vegas

So really very last minute Stewart asked for some days off since the doctor he was working under was the nicest man on the face of the earth and we jumped in the car and drove down to Vegas to be with the couple of siblings that were congregating there and to let the kids get hugs and kisses from grandparents. I am so glad we did. We had a blast. Probably the silliest thing we did was make a movie. We got talking about what all us siblings will be like when we are all really old and then it turned into a movie (its a Rasmussen thing)...I am not sure if we will ever let anyone see it and I am not sure if it'd hurt people's feelings but it was all in good fun and no one got hit harder then those of us that made the movie...Well, Ammons was pretty bad but he can take it ;) Kirsten, your set was the bomb. hilarious stuff! Anyways, we had a fun time getting all dressed up and filming these ridiculous scenes. We also went to a ward party at the splash park, went down to the strip and watched the fountains at Bellagio, went swimming at their fun community center with water slides and stuff, Of course a quick stop at the dumpster, I got to go running with my cute niece (that one is a smith thing), a group of us toured the really neatly built Alzheimer center in Vegas, the boys played racquetball, the Grandkids got Grandpa's famous "flipperunies" on the waterbed, and everyone but me got in a fun game of "volleytensocpong" ball (every Rasmussen knows I love playing that one) ;). Plus, we had wonderful food and conversation, and bonding time with Great Grandma Rasmussen. Very Fun times! Mom and Dad Ras, thanks a million times for inviting us. It was a perfect weekend. (I love How cute Great Grandma Ras looks in these pictures)

The Splash Park

Fountains at Bellagio

The Movie


1 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures of the movie made me laugh so dang hard. the Liz hair is gorgeous (of course) and the football and the white shirt and tie is totally Legrand. I was laughing so hard at all of them. So sad I missed the fun!! love you guys!!!