Bridger started Kindergarten last Thursday and he was so ready to get going. He loved preschool so much he was dying to be with his teacher, and friends again. But as he reported after the first day, "you don't get to play in kindergarten." They do, its just nothing compared to preschool where every time they finished there projects early they were allowed to play. But he likes it. He is a lot like me in that in order to store boring old facts in his brain he has to review them TONS so this summer we did a little preschool with all three of my preschoolers and he finally got his letters and sound down perfectly. When Stewart gave him his "back to school blessing" he told him that he would enjoy school and that he would learn how to read and he would enjoy reading to his brother and sisters. In my minds eye I could picture him gathering them all together and reading them stories and being so proud of himself. And so it was fun that after his first day he brought home a little four page book we was supposed to read. It was mostly sight words but it was cute to start on that journey. They upped the expectations in Nevada for kindergarten and first grade so much that the kindergarten is a bit more like first grade and first grade is a bit more like second grade so I'm hoping it doesn't go too fast for the guy. But I am confident that he will be just perfect whether he has to work extra hard or not. He is so bright, so full of excitement for life, and can hardly wait to jump into every opportunity he sees. Gosh, I am proud of him and so happy for him to start the big journey of school. Life is good for Bridger, really good. Oh, and he came home with a list of things he needed for class and he thought he was so cool that he and I could go to the store and buy all the pencils, erasers, and all that jazz - he made me double check the list like four times while we were shopping. When we got home he was so proud of his stuff as he arranged it in his new pencil box. He felt so grown up and important. :O)
*this is his latest smile he does. :) he says he doesn't like showing his teeth. I am feeling sad that the other day he said he didn't like his face. I was like, What?!?!? He expressed how he gets anxiety when I take pictures of him. I think that is from me giving him a hard time for not looking at the camera (hardly ever) and stressing that "we want to look nice in pictures not silly" (always wants to stick out his tongue and jump around and stuff). That makes me feel so badly that he even has thoughts like that. So I am trying to reverse that. But he is so handsome and cute teeth or no teeth. I was going to be my excessive self and pick out his outfit and make him ware something that'd be extra cute and preppy, preppyness is one of my favorite looks of all time (I heart Gap forever). But I am trying to not be that sort of freakout over-bearing mom. So, I let him pick out what he wanted to ware. He did pretty good. I was glad he didn't pick out his shorts with a giant hole in the leg that are his favorite. ;)
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
Oh yay! Have fun in kindergarten Bridger! He looks so grown up and more like Stewart than ever :)
Post a Comment