Mr. Benjamin is is not your average two year old. He is so grown up. And he hardly ever throws fits. If he asks for something and I have to say no he sweetly says, "Okay, Mommy." What a sweet boy! When Bridger and Angeli were going to school and getting their back to school blessings he very much wanted to be a part of the action. Also, when I called Bridger and Angeli out on the front lawn to take their pictures he'd come too...see.
When the teacher came to our house to do there at home visit and evaluations Benjamin was right there too answering all the questions too. He doesn't do it in a fighting to be grown up too sort of way. He just assumes if they are doing it, so should he. The teacher was so impressed with how mature he was and how well he already knows his letters she said that as soon as he turns three in December to bring him to preschool and she will be really excited to have him in preschool with her. That is awesome.
He is potty training well. He goes in public bathrooms, and he goes both number one and two in the toilet all the time. But he gets sick of it or forgets so he only uses the toilet like once or twice a day. This next month I am going to take the plunge and we are going to do no more diapers. It will mean a lot of accidents and it will be tricky with the house on the market and with how often we are going going going places but its time, so here we go anyways!
His "back to school" blessing was so neat. We were sort of like, "okay, I guess you can get one too" and then once Stewart put his hands on his head the spirit was so strong. Stewart struggled to speak. He said, "Benjamin Merlin Rasmussen you are a very special spirit. And you have been sent to this earth for a very important mission. I bless you that you will be able to grow a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that you will be able to fulfill your mission. You are a blessing to your family and your strength is a blessing to your brother and sisters....." the words themselves were really cool but the spirit that was there was what was so very touching. It caught us off guard a bit and we were really touched. I later asked Stewart what his thoughts were during each kids blessing and he said when he laid his hands on Benjamin's head the thought that was the strongest was that it was a great honor to be able to raise Benjamin. I have had those feeling many times with Benjamin and so it was cool that Stewart felt them as strongly as I have in the past. I am so excited to watch Benjamin grow up. There is no doubt he was reserved for the last days....I am sure he is a great solider for Heavenly Father in the Kingdom of God.
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment