Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hair Trauma!

I thought I would trim up everyone's hair because we are going to see a ton of family this next week and I wanted us to look all spiffed up. But my trim went all wrong and I completely butchered Angeli's hair! Oh, I feel so bad about it. She told me to not cut too much because she wanted to grow her hair out like Rapunzel in Tangled. We laughed and I told her it probably would never get that long but she could grow it out long - she's been growing it out for a long time now anyways....so sad. I tried and tried to fix it but it kept getting worse and shorter and shorter. Stewart started to freak out and so was I. That's when I made an emergency phone call to my girl friend who happens to be a very talented hair dresser and asked her to save Angeli's hair. Angeli and I jumped in the car and thanks to my friend's talent she salvaged her remaining hair. She now has a short cute little bob/pixie cut.

When we headed home I was nervous what the little boys would say. I knew if they said she looked like a boy she would freak - happened last time she chopped her hair on her own and it broke her heart. But when we walked in the door Bridger excitedly announced that she looked like a movie star, which all girls know is the next best thing to a princess... so now she loves it. Bless Bridger's heart! And bless my girl friend too! Stewart and I decided I am not allowed to cut her hair ever again. Here is her salvaged do...she looks like a mini adult, a movie star even. ;)




5 comments:

Andelin said...

So cute and trendy! Love it!

AmyJane said...

She actually does look super cute, even though it wasn't what you were going for!

Mary Anne said...

She looks so grown up!!!

Kirsten said...

She looks darling! I remember when Ammon and I were first married and he tried to give me a trim...I ended up with the same look as Angeli! LOL! Needless to say, he's not allowed to touch MY hair again! I think she looks cute and so grown up. Bless Bridger's heart...

Anne Marie said...

Stopping by for a visit to your blog! Your kids are just darling. That haircut is absolutely beautiful. Congrats on Tucson! It sounds like a great place to be. Emily, you look amazing and radiant in all these pictures. Wow! Best wishes with everything....four kids, 7th anniversary, and all of it!