Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thinking

Things I was thinking today:

- My love language is words...if I send you an email, give you a phone call, write something about you on my blog, comment on your blog or facebook or send a card it is my way of saying I love you. but I do try and speak peoples real love languages too. seriously I do - even though I often stink at it.

- I hate going to the food bank but since we could use it I go... someday my husband will make us a lot of money and I will help people who need it and I will never forget the days when we waited in line for food so my kids would not have to go without. Don't get me wrong we aren't starving or homeless but we are still poor enough that I trek up the hill with my four kids and get food hand outs to help us get by. its a humbling experience for me but I thank God for the sweet people that do it for our community since the recession. Angels those people!

- I am anxious about our car...in the shop again. I wish we could just trade it in and buy a really reliable car. All in good time I guess. for now we are forking out $1990 for our transmission to be fixed. awesome.

- I wish I was a kinder person...more patient, less hormonal and cranky.

- I am so in love with my baby...look how cute she was last night- I really enjoy reading books with my husband...we've started a thing where we take turns picking out book series to read out loud to each other. Right now we are reading the series The Great and Terrible by Chris Stewart. Almost done with book one and I think it is really interesting.

- My sister told me that one of the best schools in the world (yes, that bestest) is in Tucson of all places. Awesome!

- I love Spring but for some reason it is making me anxious this year...I cant believe it is already here and I thought I would be more on top of things by now...I guess I need to chill. I do have a two month old baby after all.

- This is Stewart's last week of medical school! I cant believe it. In some ways I feel a little sad. I cant believe we are done with medical school. Starting new chapters can be hard for me sometimes. I now residency will be hard. But its a step forward so for that I am grateful.

- Stewart is rocking out his wood stuff on etsy. He loves it. Go Stewart! - I often have to remind him, that it is a hobby, that in fact he is going to be a doctor when he grows up not a carpenter. He is trying to be both I guess. :O)

- I need to get dressed and face the day ahead of me...food bank and sanding ceramics here I come!

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

I hear you on the being poor and sick of it thing. Only a little more time, right??? We're half way done!
Stewart only has a week left??? WOW he gets done early. Bo has May off because he took classes during breaks, but technically he isn't done till June 3rd.
I'm excited for the trips you have planned.
Way to go Stewart and the wood projects. You guys are impressive.
ps...we'll be able to take on residency. we did med school, so we can do anything!!

Mary Anne said...

I'm in love with that baby of yours too!