Thursday, August 5, 2010

Grass Root Joy!

Ok I have been a downer lately but I feel a big turn around coming and it feels good! I hit fifteen weeks and I suddenly feel 70% better! WOOO HOOO! But that is just a side note.

Ok so everyone knows we are poor right? Well, it has made buying my children books almost impossible. We hit up the library but I hate going there and thus my books are almost always late and I just hate the entire experience of libraries with three crazy children in tow. So since I spend $10 a month on late fees I stopped going and tried different options for books. I invested in the deals with scholastic books, but honestly they are junk. They are poor poor quality. So I got a Boarders book membership but the books we get on sale are not that great either. They are activity books not sit and read before bedtime stuff.

So I finally made it over to Grass Roots Book Store in down town Reno. It is a used book, movie, game store and I LOVE it! They are good quality books for super cheap. I bought almost exclusively hard cover books, mostly new too, and got 16 books for under $35.00. I am thrilled and one was pricey ($5.00) but I bought it for Stew . It is this big human body book for kids that has super cool transparencies and posters and stuff so he can teach the kids all about the human body and be in heaven at story time.

If you live in Reno you need to go there! It is just off of Kietzke on E Grove. I think we'll go every month to buy $10 of books from there instead of heading to the library and then paying late fees. JOY!

2 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

In all my life living here I have never been there. I think I will hit it up sometime. Thanks for the tip :)

AmyJane said...

I wanna go there!
Oh, also, I finally located both your movie and an appropriate mailer (I know, I'm awesome like that...), so if you'll email me your address you can finally have your movie back. Please don't hate me!