This past week was Stewart's Spring Break. We had fun, did some much needed yard work, battled the stomach flu, wished the weather would get the hint that it was Spring and not winter still, had a great Easter time, and enjoyed conference. Here are some pictures and some highlights of the fun activities we did as a family.
Several nights we went swimming at our club house. I decided it was time to start teaching the kids how to swim. We bought them some swim gear and we had a ball. Our kids have never been "fish" but I think they are getting there. We decided we'll be going one night a week as long as possible. Except for Benjie we all love it. I hope in a couple weeks Benjie will be a fan too!




We did a lot of movie nights with us each taking our turn with the stomach flu there wasn't much else we could do. It was fun though. We'd blow up the air mattress, pop some popcorn, and watch a movie we've been wanting to watch for months. We all had a great time. We finally saw The Princess and the Frog, and Planet 51. Cute shows.







We finally took the kids to ride the Ferris-wheel at our HUGE Scheels store. They loved it. Then they played on the kid area with rock walls, slides, and stuff while I bought myself some new really nice running shoes. Its been 4 year since I have bought myself a nice pair. My feet are in heaven! Eeeee, pure bliss for me. :)

They look pretty now but I hope in a couple weeks they will be brown and dirty!
We planned on spending a day at the Carson City Children Museum via the recommendation of Bridger's teacher. Um, it had been like three years since she had gone and I think it must have gone down hill a lot since she last went because it was the most pathetic "museum" I have ever seen. Almost everything was broken! It was so tiny too. The kids were too young to know any different but after a little over an hour we were all done.


With a wide open day we hit up Mc Donald's and got the kids their first Happy Meals and let them play on the play stuff there that was much more fun then what the museum had to offer.Then I took Benjie home to nap and Stew took the big kids to go see How to Train Your Dragon. It was their first movie in a movie theater and they all had a great time. They loved that their happy meal toys were the main dragons from the movie.

I finally got Stew to go up the Canyon with me. We live at the mouth of a canyon. From our house you'd think it'd be the ugliest canyon known to man but I kept telling him it was actually really pretty up there. It was too cold to walk up there so we piled in the car and went "exploring". After we passed the super exciting trailer park we entered wild horse country. We saw five rather big herds of horses. They were super close, like we could have touched them if we wanted. We saw little tiny new babies. They must have been days old they were so unsure on their little legs. We felt like the lady in the Cloud documentaries. We even named a few of the babies and colts. ;) I was so excited to find a trail up there. As soon as we get some warmer weather I am dragging the family up there for some hiking. Oh, it looked like heaven to me!

So there are some high lights. It was great to have some time away from our normal drill. One of these days I will post about our kids crafts and our yard projects. Being a mom is so much fun! I want to remember it all.
1 comments:
Looks like you guys had such a fun week! To tell you the truth I am a bit jealous :)
Post a Comment