I know this will look and seem lame but keep in mind that the last couple years have been hard. We have not had a lot of things we've wanted. Its not that we sit around counting all the things we want its just thoughts in passing like, "I wish our kids could run around outside without us being afraid of them running into the street" . Little by little things have come together and each time a little wish comes true I cant help but feel so excited and grateful for their achievement. Last summer I remember telling Stewart how my dream was to have a patio and a kids table where the kids could eat on so we could have real BBQs outside together. When we tried to do our family BBQs they were more like picnics which is fine except we live in a windy canyon and thus picnics are annoying to do and the kids always spilled something and we'd have to all jump of the blanket and thus a big lame-ish BBQ experience. Yesterday we had a "real" BBQ.
As I sat there looking out our window at us I saw in real time my dream coming true. I almost cried. There we were having a BBQ! I know that is mundane and simple to most but to me it was a moment to realize that Heavenly Father cares about giving me my little mundane wishes. I just feel so cared for and so grateful for that. Here's to many more BBQs!

2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
I hear you. I've been coveting that same kid's table for about two years now. Someday, someday. And hey, you're light years ahead of us. We still have open sides on our backyard, no grill, no grown up patio furniture AND no kid table! So, countinue to count those many blessings!
Post a Comment