but I am not a big fan of the new sharing time outline. At first I was so excited to have my lessons already put together for me but I think they are boring. There I said it. I feel guilty saying that but it has been a big stress for me. They are not fun lessons for me to teach and I don't feel like they are fun or really touching our kids hearts. I feel we have lost our primary kids' interest (reverence) in the past couple months and I am afraid it is that the lessons aren't that engaging anymore. Perhaps it is totally my fault. I am not prepping as much, not praying and pondering, searching as much and thus not getting the Spirit and inspiration as I did before. I know that is because there really is so much less need to do that when the lesson is right there in front of my face but I am sure that is at least a factor. However, either way the lessons are boring and rather uninspiring. So today at the end of my teaching month I decided that on my next month I am shaking things up. I am praying just as hard as before and pondering just like old times and just using the outline to help me get my feet off the ground. Plus I am going to be checking out Sofia Primary Ideas blog. She is talented and I cant wait to try out some of her ideas.
2020 goals
6 years ago
4 comments:
I agree that the lessons have been a bit harder but I also think it comes stems a lot that the topic this year is so much deeper than in years past and it's a lot of heavy material to be covering for young children. I have also had to put a lot more time into the lessons this year to make them a little more creative whereas last year the lessons came together a little easier.
Sofia's blog is a great one that I use all the time as well as the ideas on sugardoodle.net and the ideadoor.com. All three usually have their lessons posted a couple of weeks in advance (under sharing time helps-Primary 2010) and people have really good ideas on how to make them fun as well as keeping the spirit. Sofia's blog sometimes has links to other blogs as well.
We've really tried to take the CONCEPT from the sharing time manuals but incorporate fun, hands on, acting out, "doing" kinds of activities on the other websites and it's been working well. Good luck!! Let me know if you find other good websites. I've got sharing time in twoo weeks! ;-D Luv ya!
Maybe you knew this already but here is the link I use at www.sugardoole.net:
http://www.sugardoodle.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4620&Itemid=5
Primary Mama is an ok one: I am using some of her ideas under Faith for my next lesson.
http://primarymama.blogspot.com/search/label/Faith
Anyway, the bus is coming, gotta go!
Well if you are bad for saying it, than so am I. It is true is a deeper subject than past years. I did notice that as well. I do think part of it is me as well. Hopefully this next month I can spice it up a little and see if it makes a difference. Wish me luck! ;)
I'd been having the same problem here but then read on the church's website that those ideas are only supposed to be ONE PART of the lesson. You're still SUPPOSED to add to, use people's creative ideas, etc. So, no, it doesn't make any of us bad people. Take the idea in the book and make it either the hook, or the end of the middle and build your lesson around it. The hardest part I was having before this realization sunk in was that the ideas were not very useful for Junior Pri. Much better after I started expanding! Good luck!
Post a Comment