Thursday, April 29, 2010

How Old am I?

I am 25. Sometimes I forget though. This is true. The other day someone asked me my age and I had to say, "I think I am 25. Maybe 26. I cant remember." It was a really awesome moment. :O)

Seriously not only is my mind going a little my body is falling apart. I feel like I have the body of a 50 year old. Now I know when I am fifty I will laugh at my juvenile self for writing this but every day it is something. Its either my shoulder, my hips, my varicose veins, my knees, my stomach twisting and turning, or a head ache. I have so much gray hair and I am getting wrinkles! Ugh. I know aging is just a part of life but I thought I would feel this way when I was 35 not 25. Shouldn't I sort of be in my prime? Yet here I am, I cant remember my age, my veins are throbbing, even typing is making my shoulder ache, and the dark circles under my eyes are black. Does anyone else feel this way or am I seriously aging five times too fast?

I used to get people commenting all the time that they couldn't believe that I had so many children because I looked so young. I never hear that now. Which I am glad I don't look like a teen mother but still it'd be nice to surprise people that I have three kids instead of it being obvious. I guess its a part of life that I now have the opportunity of embracing extra early. Lucky me! ;)

4 comments:

Rebecca Adams said...

Oh believe me... I definitely feel old! Every day I have one symptom or another causing me to not feel well. I'm only 24, and I don't have kids. I actually don't know if I'll ever have kids. I get stomach aches and headaches all the time, and I'm also getting wrinkles. I'm tired all the time too. Really have no energy at all! I am not looking forward to getting older! I already feel so old now! What's 20-30 years from now going to feel like?? Don't answer that. I don't want to know. :-/

Cassidy said...

I was JUST talking to my friend commenting on how I swear I can see myself aging when I look in the mirror. Kids and stress do that to you I guess!. Or maybe it's the stress of our husbands school. ha. 25?? You are YOUNG.

AmyJane said...

Every time I lay my pregnancy gripes on my OB (all three of them now!) they try to gently remind me that I'm "not the youngest person ever to have a baby" i.e. it hurts more to be pregnant the older you get. And then I start shreiking about how I am ONLY 30 and how the heck do all these 45 year old women even do it?!?!
I figure most of the feeling old comes from a lack of sleep. Seriously. Sean's going gray too, BTW, and is NOT happy about it!

Bowen Family said...

Oh you are so funny! You are beautiful and our memory I swear gets split each time a new child joins the family. Right now my brain is in five parts-mine and the four kids! Add that with med school/residency etc, and it just gets crazy. I still think you look amazingly young. Having kids around will keep you that way too! And seriously it's all about how you feel, not how you look. Tell your self, "I'm a mom of three and I can push a BOB and run like ten miles straight. Oh yeah...I still got it". Hope that helps! ;-D