Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Festivities

We had a really low key Easter this year. It was nice to have the change this year because I felt like we could focus on teaching our kids the true meaning of Easter. This year was also so much fun because all of our kids could get into the festivities. Fun for all...

We planned on making these cookies to take to our neighbors and invite them for Easter dinner but when we all came down with the stomach flu we thought it best to spare them our germy cookies and company. But once we were done throwing up we loved eating them ourselves. Didn't the kids do such a good job? I helped some, but seriously I was impressed.
We had our annul Easter egg hunt with the little kids in our ward. It was a lot of fun. I loved watching Benjamin have his first Easter egg hunt. Here they all are on the hunt!
With their loot! All the Littles that took part in the egg hunt. When Daddy was at priesthood we got to our egg coloring. I never really look forward to this but I always seem to be surprised how much fun it is for the kids.
We got glitter eggs this year. Very fancy.
Easter morning they all climbed up on our bed and we read about Christ's visit to the people in the Americas and talked all about the resurrection. After we said our morning prayer the kids were ready to storm the living room.
Benjamin screaming because he saw the eggs scattered outside and thought we were the meanest parents for making him wait a second more!
This is what they found. Lucky kids. The Easter bunny sort of went crazy this year.
Maybe it was because we thought to leave him a little snack. ;)
We spent the rest of the morning watching conference and it was fun to see the kids working on their conference packets so intently. We loved conference, so uplifting.
It was a great Easter. I am already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

Andelin said...

I want your easter bunny!

Andelin said...

We decorated the same cookies!! :-)