Thursday, March 18, 2010

Girls Nights

I have been having girls nights for the past couple months. It was one of those things that I thought I should get going but didn't for awhile because I thought it had to be a big production. I thought we had to go OUT, play some special game, or make it some sort of party. I love those things but I didn't have a great need for those things in my life. But I finally threw around the idea of just having us get together and talk. The end. People were actually interested so we started to do them. We've tried to do them every month. AND Oh, MY! They have become one of my favorite things EVER!

Every time a different group of gals seems to come, really whoever is needing it that month, and it is so fun. Last night Stew was on call and so I hosted. I decided it was pajama night where we wore our pajamas. We hung out and were just silly girls! We told stories from our past (two truths and a lie), swapped exercise moves, and earned ourselves some new nick names. And let me tell you I have some very funny and interesting friends! An ex-major dare devil racing at 150 mph across the Salt Flats to get eloped, an ex- firefighter who fought real forest fires, and ex- Alaskan tour guide who almost married a Russian so he could stay in the U.S.!!!! You'd never guess but there they are, your girl friends from church who you thought you had figured out telling you the wildest stories you've ever heard! Oh, the funny stories. It is like we had a slumber party.

We gabbed, we vented, we shared things that were hard but honestly extremely hilarious, and it was fabulous.
For me there is nothing more satisfying then sharing my life with others and they in return sharing their life with me. These girls are so important to me. I love them so much. Girls, you absolutely rock! Thanks for a great super funny night!

1 comments:

Cassidy said...

Girls nights are way fun!!!
Match Day!! One year from now that will be US!!!!!!! :)
Bo is thinking he wants to do ER. Who knows where we'll go. I think it'll depend on whether he likes the places or not after interviews.