Thursday, June 4, 2009

Half a Year Already?!?!

Benjamin is SIX months old! I cant believe it. Half a year! When my babies hit six months it is always a big benchmark for me as a mommy. In my world a baby that is six months old is no longer a little baby. They are instead a GROWN UP baby. :) It marks the beginning of sitting up, crawling, walking, eating solids regularly, those first precious words, and eventual toddler-hood. The months since I had Benjie have flown by and I find myself wondering if I am taking full advantage of each stage my Benjie is in. Babyhood is so fleeting! Oh, I wish I could slow time down a bit. It is such a struggle with three young kids to balance my time and attention. However, they each have their special time with me. Nights are my special Benjie time. Daddy is home and on "Big Kid Duty" and I get to be my baby's Mama. Benjie and I cuddle, play, and talk until he thinks he's had enough of me and wants to join in with the big kids. ;) I wish I could give him more of me but I guess the gift I have given in exchange are his siblings and best friends. I think he thinks that is a fair trade. :O) We all love him so much and feel so hugely blessed to have him as our own. Happy Six Months Benja-Boo!

Benjamin's Sixth Month Achievements

-He has started all the "Da", "Ba" sounds and I love it
-He has TWO teeth! Such a grown up baby!
-He is sitting up un-assisted more and more, soon I'll be able to set him down and walk away unafraid of him falling and hurting himself
-He is scooting all over the place and getting around quite a lot
- Loves playing with his siblings. Bed/crib jumping & peek-a-boo are all time favorites
- Has the wiggles like crazy, hardly sits still to eat!
- Got his first major goose egg the other day when he fell off the bed :(
- Loves playing superman with mom...I love it too :)
- Loves tasting and slobbering on everything in sight
- Loves taking long (3 to 4 hour) naps...I know how crazy is that! and he still sleeps through the night perfectly!
- And loves swimming with the family...he has serious splashing skills :)

Benjamin's Six Month Stats:
Weight: 19.8 lbs. ( 85-90%)
Length: 27 in. (75 %)
Head Circumference: 17 in. (25%)
Cuddle-ability: 100%


1 comments:

Becca said...

Oh Emily, He's adorable and getting soooo big. I can't wait to see you guys in at the end of July!!! Sad news though...the week after EFY is LeGrands training week....So bumbed!!! I'll have to call you and work out some fun plans. Love you guys tons!