Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Very Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey there blogging friends! Well I had this blog entry all ready to go the day after we got back from our trip but I wanted to add some more pictures and we've had some technical difficulties. My sister and I wanted to share the pictures we had taken of each other's families and it was a bit of a process with the sharing happening between two very busy moms and two very unruly computers, so sorry this is over a week past Thanksgiving. And thank you Bethany for working to get those darn pictures to me! :0) So here is my blog entry that has been waiting somewhat patiently to be posted...

Thanksgiving is all about Family, Food and Football! Well,.... I guess gratitude too! :0) We had a wonderful time in LA with my parents and five of my 11 siblings that of course involved family togetherness, yummy fatty foods, watching lots of football, and feeling lots of gratitude. We had thanksgiving dinner at my brother Charles's new house. Which they have made really beautiful. We also were able to visit my niece who is a new mom making Stew a Great Uncle and me a Great Aunt! Crazy huh?!?! Their little guy is adorable! I got to meet my sister Anj's seven week old baby Lauren. She really is a baby beauty. :0) It was fun to see my sister Shayla's pictures for her modeling portfolio. Way to go Shay! The kid's favorite was running around with their five older cousins at the park, Charles's, and around grandma and grandpa's house. We were able to see my Grandma Angeli and her newer place too. It is very cute and she even hosted the football Fans. Go cougars!

We not only got to visit the Smith side of the family but were able to hang out with Josh and Sherri Gunn, our cousins on Mom Rasmussen's side, and our friends the Sellers who were there visiting with the Gunns for the holiday. Josh and Sherri also have a new little girl and it was so fun to catch up with them and see their little angels Ellie and Grace and the Seller's little stud Kye. We also were able to see my best friend since I was a baby, JoAnna. YAY! I instructed my kids that she is their AUNT Joanna not just Joanna. :0) It was so good to see her and she even came bearing gifts too! She is such a generous friend! Overall we had a wonderful time and I think it was the perfect trip for us. We both feel rejuvenated and plumped up from my mom's and my sister-in-law Tami's gourmet home cooking. :0) Exactly what you want out of your Thanksgiving! We already miss my family but feel so grateful we were able to share our thanksgiving with them.

Here are the Things we are Thankful for this Thanksgiving Vacation:
- Seeing my wonderful family: I am all about family so I was in heaven!
- being able to be in beautiful Lush, Sunny, and warmer then Reno California! there are reasons people pay a fortune to live is Southern Cali! It is beautiful!
- that the kids did so good in the car- - - its a pretty long drive, 9 hours on our way home
- watching our kids loving their cousins... 'priceless'
- seeing the miracle of babies and the joy they bring our lives and our family's lives- - -hurray for Anj, Sherri and Christie's new additions
- THAT BYU WON! :0)
- the huge generosity of my parents- thank you a million times!
- that Stew got to help my dad draw blue prints for the house they want to build! Stew said it tided with BYU's win, and my mom's food as his highlight of his trip. So dad, Stew had as much fun doing it as you did! :0) and I had fun shopping for the "materials" with you too!
- that you'd have no idea that my grandma is 90 and that my dad is 79! They act 20 years younger then they are! My dad is planning on buying a minivan! I love it! Maybe he'll pass it on to us when he "grows" out of it. hint hint :0)
- that I got to see Christie my niece. She is one of my favorite people ever- instant giggles when we get together
- Seeing Joanna my best friend and that she hooked me up with some way cute clothes and designer cup cakes! fashion, food and my BFF is a great combination :0)
- that my brother Charles gave us a ton of awesome hand-me-down clothes for Angeli, honestly she will be styling till she is three!
- that our car functioned properly- - - it has lots of issues and miles :0(
- that on the drive home Stew and I had a really spiritual conversation about the Gospel and set a lot of good goals about missionary work and our family's future. Long drives always seems to give us time to get down to the deep stuff we sometimes skim over in day-to-day life
- That we have the Gospel. Church on Sunday really touched my heart. I realized even more how blessed we are with having the Gospel
- that we have our little family
- and that we have all of you!

My family dose a pretty weak job at taking pictures but this trip my sister Bethany and I made sure we got some. So I actually will have pictures of this trip! Yay! Here are some of Stew and my favorites...


Stew climbing trees at the park with the little ones. What a cute bunch I've got myself!


Our handsome almost two year old

Angeli being cute at the park


Now Bridger is climbing trees with his cousins

The Manly Boys who braved the tree!

Angeli and her cousin Eden who is three months older then her. They're already good buddies.

Me and my beautiful Niece Christie and her cute 3 month old little man, who's really not so little (he weighs more than Angeli) but rather very very cute. :0)

Bridger LOVING his uncle Charles's 'Daw gee'!
Bridger has no fear and all love when comes to dogs.
In the end we had to separate them for the dogs safety!

The Kids' Saturday night bath time with their cousin Eden!
Eden is the one with the cute bum in the back ground.

the cutest bathers I ever bathed!


Saying our goodbyes after church.
Dad was teaching Sunday school so he wasn't able to be in our pictures. :0(

Me feeling like I could take on twins if they were as cute as these two!


Four generations all together! Angeli with her grandmas she was named after.
(My mom's madine name is Angeli)

1 comments:

Andelin said...

Aaaaah! I can't believe my baby's bare bum is on someone's blog! Definitely makes me crack up...though I'm sure Eden wouldn't be if she were older! Good thing she has no idea!