Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Business Updates.

Well my business has been such a roller-coaster for us, but it seems we are really on the up this week and I thought I should write and express my gratitude and excitement to all of you.
This week started with Kiln drama. I am not a ceramic or pottery person and thus I have no idea what I am doing with my kiln. We are always calling Paul and the L&L kiln company to try and make sense of what is going on. But after a day of anxiety and stress over my seemingly broken kiln and tons of deadlines looming I found what was wrong. One of the wires that controls the kiln temperature was touching the outside of the kiln. That was it! I moved it over and Ta Da! It works! I was soooooooooo relived, no ordering parts from Pennsylvania or anything!

Then on Wednesday I actually had a client and they spent over $80 on their baby girl! I was thrilled! We can now really really afford to go to California for Thanksgiving! I get to see my very dear family and California based friends, Smiles all around! :0)

I then received a call from a lady in Tahoe who has arranged for me to come to four different daycares and take over 40 impressions! What a huge blessing! I am also going to two other daycares in Reno in next two weeks. So great! Bless those daycares!

Today my angel of a friend, Amy, watched the kids for me so I could try to place some samples in doctors offices and something truly amazing happened; they actually let me put them in their offices! Not only that, but the receptionists were all in a buzz about my product and telling me all the stuff they are going to get and that they will be calling me soon. So wonderful!

And this Saturday I am going to have a table up as part of the Babies R US's "Baby Fest". Hopefully I can set up appointments with all the mommies struck by my product. :0) This is another huge blessing!

I whole heartedly contribute this little spree of blessings to the kindness of Heavenly Father on the behalf of all the prayers and fasts my loved ones have done for me and my little business. It is so great to feel like we don't have to keep pursuing my business on blind faith but rather start seeing opportunities start pouring in. :0) Thank you so much for your prayers, baby sitting, fasting, helping me make samples with your babies, and patience in letting me vent and fret to so many of you. I'll remember your kindness even when I am racking in the millions. :0) I love you guys!

Yup that's really Sammy's Paw!


testing out new ideas with my babies,
and apparently I was so enthralled in my turkey that I overlooked how to spell my own son's name! :0) My mom called and told me that my turkey plates were very cute but that they would be even cuter if I had spelled my son's name right. We got a good laugh out of it. It is so typical of me I can only shrug my shoulders and say yup that sounds like me. My favorite word blunder was my history paper I turned in about 50's poop culture! But, yes I promise I really do have a college degree! :0) And in my defense Stew didn't notice either and he's in med school.

My holiday edition, cute huh?!?!? - - - and I even spelled her name right! :0)

4 comments:

gunnfam said...

I'm so excited for you Em!! You deserve all the millions you get. You earned it! Good luck at the baby fest. =)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say hi...and I love you...I'm back...crazy. And I'm soooo happy that everything is going so well for you.

Kirsten said...

Darling creations!! You are certainly mastering your talents with everything...cooking, the ceramics stuff and your business and the cute things you do on your blog. I am happy for you and that this has been such a positive week. Hopefully it just keeps getting better and better! ;-) By the way, post how the baby fest went!! Love ya!
ME

Megan said...

YAY! I knew all along that anything you put your mind to would work out. I loved the turkey ones the best. You'll have to take the Sammy ones to some Vets or pet groomers and see if you can open up a whole new branch of your business.