So I sold my business. I ended up selling it for half of what I wanted to sell it for but I was happy to train someone who I think will really be able to do it and I really think it will be a big blessing in her life. Getting everything together, setting aside the days and getting a babysitter for those days, and writing my very own 30 page training manual was really fun for me. I do a pretty good job at stuff like teaching, planning, and organizing stuff. I loved organizing it all, writing my own little manual, and I loved teaching so it really was very fun for me. I really got to know the lady I was training, Robin, and I really count her as a friend. I am really excited for her and I hope she is really successful. :O)
It was fun to bust out my clay again after 15 months of no ceramics in my life. I realized I am good at it, I enjoy it and I really think they are so cute. It was fun to look back at my old work and see my current work and see how much I have improved over the four years I ran my little business. Today as I was packing I pulled out all the costumer orders I had saved and I counted that I had done at least 730 + ceramic impression items in those four years. I know that doesn't sound that impressive but if you know how much work goes into those babies then you would be a bit more impressed. ;O) It was so hard to run my own business but it was so good for me. It was such a blessing for our family and it really is one of the only trades I can do that is sort of unique. I mean how many people do you know who own a kiln? There is something so incredible about taking something so ugly and drab as clay and then turning it into something of lasting value. And besides the joy of creating, it is just fun to have had that identity of owning my own little business and to have worked with so many cute moms and even cuter babies. I fully intend to do all my grand babies hand prints and to keep it up for my family and girl friends who are interested.
I think the most amazing thing about my business was what it did for me and my self esteem and what it did for Stewart's and my relationship. He totally without any hesitation supported me all those years no mater how lame things were at times. I love him a thousand times over for pulling late night with me glazing trying to get orders done in time for Christmas and for telling me I was cool instead of crazy.
This was my last official Timeless Treasures item I made. Goodbye Timeless Treasures! You were good to me. :)
2020 goals
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment